• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: Pitt Panthers @ The Petersen Events Center - Wednesday - 7 pm - ACCN

It's not that there isn't an optimistic-but-plausible path to the NCAA tournament, at least when looking at the individual games. It's that watching tonight's performance reminds us that all our hopes will be derailed by losing to GT twice or some shit, even if we beat Duke.

Hildreth hasn't put up more than 10 points in each of our last five games.

I want to be one of those people who claims my law school team and feels fine with that. Why can’t I be that person?
Alas, my undergrad and law school are the same - Wake Forest. No way out. (just kidding I'm happy to have gone to Wake)

It's not that there isn't an optimistic-but-plausible path to the NCAA tournament, at least when looking at the individual games. It's that watching tonight's performance reminds us that all our hopes will be derailed by losing to GT twice or some shit, even if we beat Duke.

Hell, we may lose to pitt twice.

The shitty OOC schedules under Forbes have made us think our teams the last three years have been much better than they actually are.
Which is probably the best reason to play a tough OOC schedule.

What a weird finish. Monsanto finally gets on the court and he passes up threes. Sallis driving for layups down 3 possessions. Down 5 with a steal and 5 sec, the only thing to do there is put up a quick shot and Sallis tries to get a layup? The complete lack of composure just kept getting worse.

Pitts first home ACC win this year

Does Wake win another road game this year (not counting Notre Dame)? Can Wake make the NCAA tournament if they don’t?
No and no
Even if we win all 6 home games left, that's still just 11-9 in conference, maybe 12-8 if we manage to beat ND, not gonna be good enough for nit as we saw last year, they got 2 win at least a couple road games to have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Led State by 10 at the half as well. Lost. Same tonight. I don't know how you can defend Forbes now. Period.

Which is probably the best reason to play a tough OOC schedule.

What a weird finish. Monsanto finally gets on the court and he passes up threes. Sallis driving for layups down 3 possessions. Down 5 with a steal and 5 sec, the only thing to do there is put up a quick shot and Sallis tries to get a layup? The complete lack of composure just kept getting worse.
That was baffling. You needed to score quick there and get it to a one possession game.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

And it ends with Monsanto being scared to pull the trigger.
Scared? I assume he’s trying to make a point.

Cam injury colliding with Boopie losing confidence after he got destroyed against UNC. Keller shouldn’t play and Monsanto is a statue on defense. Team is crumbling.

Back