• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: @ Pitt - Wednesday - 7 pm - ACCN

I think it was prob a combo of things, but Monsanto also tweaked something there and was getting attention from the trainer for a bit.

I forget which half that even was now, though.
There were multiple replays of Monsanto landing awkwardly. It also looked like he banged knees with a Pitt player. He came out for a while after that. I suspect that had something to do with his low minutes. I suspect Monsanto's lateral movement was limited.

Everyone keeps knocking Bradford but over the last couple of games he has actually scored several times with back to the basket moves. I believe that he can provide more inside offense if given the opportunity. I do agree that he is a liability in late game situations when he goes to the free throw line. I do not understand why Forbes did not replace him with Monsanto in the final 2-3 minutes of last night's game.
Fair take. I guess I had high hopes for Bradford, but he looks slow AF, and it’s a black hole when the ball gets to him in the post. I think his best attribute is playing defense against other physical big men. We need so much more than that, though. That’s the only reason to make the comments I did.

If we had a 12/10 or even a 10/8 kind of big man in conference play, we would be a formidable team. If we had someone like Bacot or Hall…we’re cutting down nets. We have strength at all positions except the post. It’s just a glaring weakness on our team and I figured one of Bradford/Marsh would develop into a well-rounded player by February/March, but I’ve lost hope in that. Here’s to me being wrong.

Marsh and Bradford have combined for 76 pts and 56 reb in 302 conference minutes. That's 10.1 pts, 7.4 reb per 40 minutes.
Wow. Wouldn’t have guessed that in conference play so far. That’s not bad. Damn, seems like their play has been a weakness, TBH.

Back