• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

We had an emotional game against a rival that fought tooth and nail to sweep us and spoil our home win streak. Also our game finished later in the day. Big difference IMHO.

Just looking for a solid showing tonight, not expecting a win.
Yeah, if you watched both those games (and the celebration in the Wake locker room afterward) to write them off as pretty much the same is a stretch. As Forbes said, that was high level tobacco road basketball, intense, tough, etc. Duke was up 12 just 5 minutes into the 2nd half and the game was never in doubt after that. I don't think it's all that controversial to say our recovery for a Monday road game is tougher than Duke's. That doesn't mean we can't overcome it, and maybe playing such a high level game a day ago could help keep our focus and effort at that same level versus a long layoff.

Two weeks ago, Duke played an intense, emotional home game against Clemson, winning at the buzzer on a gifted foul call. Meanwhile VPI was pounding GT at home. Two days later, Duke traveled to VPI and took care of business, grabbing the lead 7 minutes into the game and never giving it back.

Does Duke have a slight advantage tonight on short rest at home? Of course. Does this kind of thing happen all the time during a season? Of course. Just win tonight.

Thought I remember Forbes saying in the post game that a lot of the players parents were in town and would be traveling to the Duke game tonight. Hopefully that will provide some extra incentive for the team tonight.

Yeah, if you watched both those games (and the celebration in the Wake locker room afterward) to write them off as pretty much the same is a stretch. As Forbes said, that was high level tobacco road basketball, intense, tough, etc. Duke was up 12 just 5 minutes into the 2nd half and the game was never in doubt after that. I don't think it's all that controversial to say our recovery for a Monday road game is tougher than Duke's. That doesn't mean we can't overcome it, and maybe playing such a high level game a day ago could help keep our focus and effort at that same level versus a long layoff.
If one team was coming off a long rest, and the other played a few days ago, are you giving an edge to the rested team?

I know most everyone streams their games now. Many complain about those who call these games. I concur. I started earlier in the season listening to Stan's broadcast and trying to sync with the video. If you are using the ESPN app it is extremely difficult as the app is much slower than than the audio. If you are using Direct TV Stream, YouTube TV, Sling etc. you can usually pretty closely sync Stan's audio with the video. I usually have to reboot the video or the audio during a timeout to keep a tight sync. I know there is a process available to sync the games on the Lear Field network; believe you have to have a DVR which I do not use. Much rather listen to someone who is 100% Wake than one of the inferior hacks that ESPN uses.

I know most everyone streams their games now. Many complain about those who call these games. I concur. I started earlier in the season listening to Stan's broadcast and trying to sync with the video. If you are using the ESPN app it is extremely difficult as the app is much slower than than the audio. If you are using Direct TV Stream, YouTube TV, Sling etc. you can usually pretty closely sync Stan's audio with the video. I usually have to reboot the video or the audio during a timeout to keep a tight sync. I know there is a process available to sync the games on the Lear Field network; believe you have to have a DVR which I do not use. Much rather listen to someone who is 100% Wake than one of the inferior hacks that ESPN uses.
pretty sure there's not. They just tell you to do exactly what you already do

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Simply mute your TV audio and pause the game on your DVR at the opening kickoff or any other specific play.
  2. Open the app or head to your audio streaming source of choice.
  3. Wait for the audio to catch up to the point in which the DVR was paused.
  4. When these two moments line up, un-pause your DVR.

pretty sure there's not. They just tell you to do exactly what you already do

I don't have a stand alone DVR so I manually sync the video and audio when the game begins. I am usually within 2-5 seconds with the video usually ahead of the audio, If I am on the ESPN app it is much worse. Could be a 10 second or more gap.

I don't appreciate Stan enough until I'm forced to listen to two hours of Dan "Captain Obvious" Bonner. Guy is as useful as a toothpick in a meth lab.

Sat next to Stan for the State game on Saturday and I have an immense appreciation for what he does.

I know he's used to it, but it was loud as hell and he handled it amazingly well. Even keel and always aware of what's going on around him. Especially when I was annoyingly yelling next to him.

We are lucky to have him.

i mean the acc tournament will be back to back days
ncaa tournament is two days
they are kind of intense games
if wake can't recover and be ready to go tonight after playing saturday then oh well for postseason hopes

i mean the acc tournament will be back to back days
ncaa tournament is two days
they are kind of intense games
if wake can't recover and be ready to go tonight after playing saturday then oh well for postseason hopes
This is how I feel. Would much rather have this than 10 days off.

No expectations. A win nearly cements tournament status and a likely top 25 ranking. Would be pretty cool. Hope they shoot lights out tonight.

Back