• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

So 99% of those tuning in are tuning in because of unc. Got to say something to keep them watching while we were having our way with them.
Sadly, this. Wake would not have been on ESPN if they weren't playing UNC. The coverage was built around UNC.

Hubert deciding to put Leaky Black on Cam and not Ty was an amazing coaching decision.

If the season ended today I think first team All-ACC is Bacot, Smith, Filipowski, Appleby and Tyson. I think an argument can be made for one of the Miami guys (Omier/Wong) or Burton from Pittsburgh but to me the top five are pretty solid. The top four for sure but Tyson also having one hell of a year. To me, Bacot is the POY right now (blasphemous I know)

Not gonna lie, was shitting it a bit late 2nd half. Last night and the 2nd half against State had me questioning some credibility, but I only know that I know nothing, so who am I to judge? Got the W.

I'm just glad that LeBron's game was on after ours otherwise we'd get a million live look-ins

That is so true. It would have been so Wake Forest to have been the team that got interrupted for both Aaron Judge and LeBron

Looking at the win expectancy chart gives a different vibe than what I was feeling late in the second half for sure. Don't think we ever got under 96% chance to win after the under 4 timeout in the first half.

It's weird, but even though the ACCT is in Greensboro (UNC West), I'd like to play UNC.

Aside from Love jacking up 32 foot 3-pointers and making them, very late, they were like 1-15 from 3, up to that point.

Bacot making 400K - I thought Bradford outplayed him for stretches of the game last night.

We are getting a deal, with Bradford!

We need to get Bradford in the Big E, Eric Williams off-season get in shape program in a few months. Dude is skilled.
Pete Newell’s Big Man Camp!

Looking at the win expectancy chart gives a different vibe than what I was feeling late in the second half for sure. Don't think we ever got under 96% chance to win after the under 4 timeout in the first half.
I looked at that for the sole purpose of trying to make myself feel better about what was happening.

Thought we did a pretty good job being stronger on the boards yesterday too. It’s been a problem recently but guys were pretty strong in traffic.

Not gonna lie, was shitting it a bit late 2nd half. Last night and the 2nd half against State had me questioning some credibility, but I only know that I know nothing, so who am I to judge? Got the W.
yeah was defs worried about the vibez toward the end. my solace was that I saw the end of the recording was coming which implied to me that we won since them getting closer would've extended it even more.

If the season ended today I think first team All-ACC is Bacot, Smith, Filipowski, Appleby and Tyson. I think an argument can be made for one of the Miami guys (Omier/Wong) or Burton from Pittsburgh but to me the top five are pretty solid. The top four for sure but Tyson also having one hell of a year. To me, Bacot is the POY right now (blasphemous I know)
There's a story coming in The Athletic with a straw poll for All-ACC, and my vote was those first four but Reece Beekman over Tyson.

That 5th spot is tough.

If/when UVA cements the reg season crown, you'd like to think they'd get somebody on there.

I think it was there for the taking for Wong this year, but he's just been very good again instead of elite.

BRADFORD and his hamstring?

Early in the game Bradford, who played well, is in the paint on D, and he is grabbing his foot, pulls leg up --- to stretch his hamstring. Bacot dives in, foul on Bradford, luckily the layup rolls off, Bacot 1-2 from the line.

A few minutes later, Bradford grabs his leg again to do that "stretch" move with his foot/ankle, the hamstring stretch move --- Bacot sees that, quickly dives in, gets ball, makes layup.

Dude - you played well. But fouling Bacot on a layup, then giving up a layup, IMMEDIATELY after that weirdly timed stretch move -- you are on 1 leg for a few seconds. Not good immediate outcomes.

Uhm --- CUT THAT SHIT OUT.

Thank you.

Feels like the ideal solution at the 5 next year is for Keller to make a leap and be the pick and pop guy for 15-20mpg that Forbes seemingly wants to play.

Marsh continues his development and still gets 15-20mpg. I love what he does around the basket on offense, but it feels like a lot of that is a direct result of Appleby (who won't be here next year).

And then Bradford fills in when the matchup dictates it.

Plenty of minutes to go around at the 5, even with all 3 of those guys (and Carr, at times) in the mix.

Back