• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

That 5th spot is tough.

If/when UVA cements the reg season crown, you'd like to think they'd get somebody on there.

I think it was there for the taking for Wong this year, but he's just been very good again instead of elite.
I've made no secret of my affinity for Wong (intentional, of course) but yeah, he hasn't taken that next step. And honestly that's not even a slight against him as much as it's how balanced they are with him, Pack, Omier and Jordan Miller.

I submitted that Monday and actually wrestled a little bit with putting Monsanto on there instead of Ty ... so last night was a nice little validation.

Totally agree re: Miami. Wong would have put up huge numbers on a mediocre team had Pack and/or Omier transferred elsewhere.

Ph - Did you hear the Forbes postgame where he said he rarely worries worries about first half foul trouble? Doesn't think you automatically take out a guy just because he has 2 first half fouls.

Music to my ears.

We're also up to #107 in 2-Foul Participation... 27.3% vs D1 average of 21.9%

30% from three, 46% on 3 foot shots.6.5
he has only taken 13 more 3s then Klintmen so it is not his go to shot obviously and he and Carr lead the team in rebounding at 6.5 per game. If you don't like the guy that is fine but he plays good defense and hustles his ass off and puts up numbers. He isn't the prettiest out there but he certainly contributes.

also don't have the Carolina blue (WTF??) logo for Atrium Baptist up on the video board forever. then it says something like The Official Team Doctors of the Demon Deacons in Carolina blue.
Yep. And the same for Blue Cross. At tipoff the video boards at courtside were all blue.

Ph - Did you hear the Forbes postgame where he said he rarely worries worries about first half foul trouble? Doesn't think you automatically take out a guy just because he has 2 first half fouls.

Music to my ears.

We're also up to #107 in 2-Foul Participation... 27.3% vs D1 average of 21.9%
I do love that.

I didn’t love the two take fouls at the end of the first half just because we had fouls to give. Hildreth got one of those, and (checks notes) later fouled out. Not the first time I’ve seen that backfire with early giveaway fouls.

I didn't mind it, it kept them from scoring. Hildreth fouled out but it was late and I'd be he wouldn't have if we weren't up a bunch. Plus it just wasn't his game last night so it was okay.

Part of my annoyance with Deb is her hyping up players on the team that is losing by double digits most of the game including a guy who spent much of the game on the bench in foul trouble.

How about some love for Appleby, the guy who scored 30? He's a top scorer and candidate for ACC player of the year.

Maybe praise Forbes for another masterful job of collecting guys from around the world and molding them into a pretty good team?

Maybe a little something for Monsanto being one of thebtop 3 pt shooters in all of college basketball?
Wait. Monsanto is one of the top black top 3 pt shooters in college? Love to see those games.

he has only taken 13 more 3s then Klintmen so it is not his go to shot obviously and he and Carr lead the team in rebounding at 6.5 per game. If you don't like the guy that is fine but he plays good defense and hustles his ass off and puts up numbers. He isn't the prettiest out there but he certainly contributes.
I know he does other things well. He guarded well last night.

If our relationship was an SAT analogy it would read

Mako is to 22 as 22 is to

a.) Cameron Hildreth
b.) Codi-Miller McIntyre
c.) Beefeater Gin
d.) All of the above
Come see me, dude. Would love to meet you.

Re-watched the game and when we are rolling, we look damn good. I think our biggest issues relate to pace of play (both on offense and defense). I thought we did a really good job with pace of play on defense last night (with the exception of about a 2-3 minute stretch where we looked gassed), but we have a problem maintaining leads and figuring out pace of play on offense. I think this is what's causing some of the games to start off slow where we fall behind by a wide margin and/or also give up leads late in the game. Our offense is great, but we need to do a better job capitalizing on momentum shifts for 40 minutes. Feel like we do a great job of doing that for 30-35 mins, but there are times where I scratch my head within the context of the game and with what's happening on the court (i.e., when we have a 20 point lead and have the other team in the double bonus and have been killing them in the paint...if we're at the 5:00 mark in the second half, the last thing we need to do is give the other team more scoring opportunities down the stretch. Jacking up contested threes or long 2s with 25 seconds left on the shot clock was something). Forbes needs to get that under control and it's also a pattern that's started to develop over the last few seasons. Fix this and also dial up the defense at certain times and we're going to be a tough out for every team left on our schedule. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I could see us making a deep ACCT run, winning 4-5 of our remaining games and getting into the NCAAT as a dark horse candidate to make another run. We have the talent.

Back