• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

Definitely feels like Bacot will be awarded POY in a career achievement type vote. Will be really hard for voters to give a WF point guard on a good-but-not-great team the award for a second consecutive year. If we run off an impressive stretch of wins and Ty closes out the season as the points/assists leader (which Alondes fell just short of doing) he has a real chance though. He’d still be the first player to ever do it which would have to carry some real weight.
If Ty leads the league in points and assists and doesn’t get POY, I will be shocked. Nobody has ever done that. A lot of people have done what Bacot has. He’s very good, but don’t think career achievements would overshadow setting a record that’s never been set.

That said, if Wake shits the bed down the stretch…yeah, going to be tough to award it to a player on a team without any momentum going into the ACCT.

If Appleby is punished because Wake is a middling team, what about Carolina? They were preseason #1. Is Bacot leading them to an 8th place or worse finish in the conference? They could easily go 2-5 in their last 7 games and not even finish .500 in the league.

If Appleby is punished because Wake is a middling team, what about Carolina? They were preseason #1. Is Bacot leading them to an 8th place or worse finish in the conference? They could easily go 2-5 in their last 7 games and not even finish .500 in the league.
Sure, but Bacot led them to the heights of that preseason #1 ranking….

He gets to drive an $80k Audi for that. Then the games started.

If you think that there is any chance that Bacot doesn’t get POY, you must not have been following ACC basketball for very long.

Today is the BIG day for UNC!

Guys have been challenged to show up, and there's concern from Bacot and Hubert that some guys will not show up!

LMAO hyperbole.

Hubert just wants a team with his personality. LOL.

I read a few tweets from UNC fans who believe there is a situation with a female between two of the players (sounds like Love and Davis). Maybe a little Jeff Teague situation going on (except Teague was good).

I read a few tweets from UNC fans who believe there is a situation with a female between two of the players (sounds like Love and Davis). Maybe a little Jeff Teague situation going on (except Teague was good).
Don't recall the Teague deal, but Rutland/Braswell situation may have cost us a chance at a natty according to some inside scoop.

Don't recall the Teague deal, but Rutland/Braswell situation may have cost us a chance at a natty according to some inside scoop.
That's the story that I remember. Happened while I was there.

Let's not forget what really cost us a national championship is Childress getting chicken pox.

Ben Sherman warned IC Premium users about discussing player's personal lives last night
Too little too late as her IG was swarmed by UNC fans immediately after the story broke.

Can you imagine how many he’d score if we had a real pg and he could play his natural position?
If Alondes Williams doesn’t leave early and our backcourt this season is Appleby and Willams, then who is the starting PG?

Back