• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that somebody thinks the best PG in the ACC should be playing another position. Like I'm pretty sure every other team in the conference other than UVA would trade their PG straight up for Tyree right? And even UVA has to consider it
If we play Bobi at PG then other schools won't want to take him

Many of those dudes over there that complain about this place don't visit. if they occasionally do they don't understand the comraderie of this board and how we give wach other shit.

Obviously we've got a few outliers. That board has a weird vibe to me.
Yeah, I've stopped reading posts there for the most part. Lots of poster 'brinksmanship' and a kind of negativity, while not excessively pervasive, is of an ill-informed variety, and notably off-putting. I'm not renewing my subscription.

We have to get wins over UNC and Duke for the simple subjective reason that the Committee will try to include UNC and Duke in the tourney and we need to be ahead of them. Conveniently, Lunardi currently has 7 ACC teams getting in. Guess where the line of demarcation is. After Duke and UNC and before Wake Forest.
lol Lunardi still has UNC has one of the Last Four In as of today and Wake as one of the Next (not even First) Four Out.

Lunardi link

Torvik made the observation on Twitter that he believes at this point either 1) UNC is getting a brand boost or 2) bracketologists aren't resetting their analysis and are instead just moving folks up and down from priors, because UNC's resume isn't a lock tournament resume right and they're right on the bubble. Inclined to believe it's the latter

Now I will say, I believe every single team that was top 50 in the five major ratings (two resume and three predictive/metrics) made the tournament last year and UNC is in the top 50 in all of them. TAMU was just outside 50th in one of the five last year and it was painfully clear from the resume, Q1 wins, and SOS that they should've made the tourney probably over ND or Rutgers, but ND showed itself well.

UNC is getting so much runway out of their tournament run last year. They were mediocre last year. They suck this year. They played well for a handful of games at the absolute right time.

Yeah they peaked last year in March which is ideal for a team obviously. This year they've just been on a straight downward drop. I mean Caleb Love is generally just garbage on offense so far this year and even though they had the recruiting rankings and some solid guys come in, they just don't have a ton of talent for a top 30 team (which they currently aren't).

Yeah they peaked last year in March which is ideal for a team obviously. This year they've just been on a straight downward drop. I mean Caleb Love is generally just garbage on offense so far this year and even though they had the recruiting rankings and some solid guys come in, they just don't have a ton of talent for a top 30 team (which they currently aren't).
Or a competent head coach

Or a competent head coach
May have been a good thing for the rest of the ACC long term for Hubert to have made that run, as now they'll stick with him even longer than they would have normally, which is likely a long time. Guess we'll find out.

May have been a good thing for the rest of the ACC long term for Hubert to have made that run, as now they'll stick with him even longer than they would have normally, which is likely a long time. Guess we'll find out.
On the same note, not distraught about the Kevin Keatts bounce back this year. He was well on his way to being fired.

I'm skeptical of both Duke and UNC's hires. Anybody can and will recruit to those schools, so you need someone who has coaching chops and I just can't imagine looking internally for two of the top 3-5 jobs in the country. They may pan out but I don't see it overall. Hubert off to a good start with the title game run, but now a pretty objectively poor coaching job with a team with far more talent than they've shown so far this year.

You just destroyed your sweeping statement with “we’ll find out

UNC and Duke looking inward has been the best thing for Forbes. He has beat both and has no former connection to Wake.

If the point is to pick teams who could win it all, I understand why UNC is in with similar profile as last year when they made the Final Four.

Back