• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: UNC-CH at the LJVM - Tuesday -- 7 pm ESPN

The guy made fun of Terquavion Smith after he was carted off the court and has a tattoo of stand up human being, Dennis Rodman. I wouldn’t put anything past him.
To be fair, Smith was videoed out at bars until like 2 AM that same night. He was fine.

clutching pearls about a Dennis Rodman tattoo is pretty on brand for wake fans

Appleby's biggest POY hurdle isn't that Alondes won last year... It's that we're going to finish in the middle of the conference.

Trying to keep viewers tuned in to what was a blowout. Not unusual.
And kept repeating as she did in the last game she did for us - "it's now how many you make, it's when you make them." Uh.......ok...... so Caleb Love going 9-25 didn't matter as long as he made those 2 3's late.......ok got it.

Like last year

Last year, we finished 13-7, which was good for 5th place (by ourselves). And that was after being picked pretty much near the bottom of the league.
This year, we'll likely finish with 11-12 wins, which will put us in a logjam in the middle (between 6th-9th) after being picked to finish in the lower middle.

It is, however, interesting that there isn't really a no brainer pick from any of the top teams this year. So Ty certainly has a shot... But more likely that he'll be 1st team All-ACC.

Usually makes? Not in last few games. Gotta learn to shoot.
He is shooting 45% from the field which is not too shabby. Only Carr (50%) has a higher percentage of the top 5 players in minutes played.

Per TORVIK's "Team +/-", which measures a team's average lead or deficit during the game as a whole, this game compared very similarly to our win over South Carolina State. We were +14.2 last night and were +14.4 against SCSU.

I don't care if he gets it, but I think it looks dumb. But it's not as trite as the Tony Montana tattoo.
If we're talking tattoos that Nickel dude paid a nickel for those shit tattoos he's showing off.

Part of my annoyance with Deb is her hyping up players on the team that is losing by double digits most of the game including a guy who spent much of the game on the bench in foul trouble.

How about some love for Appleby, the guy who scored 30? He's a top scorer and candidate for ACC player of the year.

Maybe praise Forbes for another masterful job of collecting guys from around the world and molding them into a pretty good team?

Maybe a little something for Monsanto being one of thebtop 3 pt shooters in all of college basketball?

Part of my annoyance with Deb is her hyping up players on the team that is losing by double digits most of the game including a guy who spent much of the game on the bench in foul trouble.

How about some love for Appleby, the guy who scored 30? He's a top scorer and candidate for ACC player of the year.

Maybe praise Forbes for another masterful job of collecting guys from around the world and molding them into a pretty good team?

Maybe a little something for Monsanto being one of thebtop 3 pt shooters in all of college basketball?
yeah I don't care that Bacot has the Rodman tattoo, but they clearly had the shot of it queued up before the game to talk about it. no fun little facts about any Wake players I saw.

Bacot making 400K - I thought Bradford outplayed him for stretches of the game last night.

We are getting a deal, with Bradford!

We need to get Bradford in the Big E, Eric Williams off-season get in shape program in a few months. Dude is skilled.

So 99% of those tuning in are tuning in because of unc. Got to say something to keep them watching while we were having our way with them.

Back