• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Respectfully disagree with the expand the field and too many shitty conferences thoughts. WF has had a many chances to improve its NCAA resume, and so far, WF has shown to be great at beating up bad teams, but it just has not stepped up against the better teams on its schedule. WF is 3-8 on the road or on neutral courts this season, and its best road win is over #93 BC, with too many crappy road losses to mediocre teams (Pitt, NC State, FSU, UGA; add in the neutral court loss to LSU, and its not hard to see why this team is on the bubble). WF has one win over a top 50 team (the win at home over Florida). WF has chances to improve its particulars, starting with the game at UVA on Saturday, but if WF loses at UVA, home to Duke, at VT and home to Clemson; it's not the bids from the shitty conferences that may keep WF out of the tournament, it's the failure to win the games against the tougher teams in the tougher environments.
Not specifically talking about his year because I am optimistic we make it. Seems to me we had a good argument to make it a couple of years ago. Just seems a handful of deserving teams get hosed every year. Maybe it has always been that way but still does not make it right.

68 teams make the damn tournament. If you can't be in that number then you don't deserve a chance to be honest. Not sure how anyone can think the 80th ranked team deserves a shot.

Smaller teams making the auto bids makes the tourney fun too, I wouldn't change a damn thing.

We are a completely different team when we play outside the Joel which makes it hard to be confident when we play any road game. Saturday is winnable but it won't be easy.

We need to win two out of three of our remaining road games and take care of business at home. If we don't there's a good chance we'll be on the outside the tournament once again.

If there were ever a time to show up and go zone and even pretend that you knew how to play it, now is the time as UVA is a bunch of brick layers outside of 10 feet.

Reid will be in foul trouble almost immediately if we go man.

Yep. Reid needs to stay on the floor!

Enough already with the stupid fouls.

If there were ever a time to show up and go zone and even pretend that you knew how to play it, now is the time as UVA is a bunch of brick layers outside of 10 feet.

Reid will be in foul trouble almost immediately if we go man.

UVA is #1 in the ACC in three point % at 40.6. This is a horrendous take. Running them off the line is a huge reason why we had success last time.

UVA is #1 in the ACC in three point % at 40.6. This is a horrendous take. Running them off the line is a huge reason why we had success last time.
Yes and this is exactly why our normal defense works well. They’re taking lower expected value shots at a higher clip. In fact this is why we play the defense we play period

Really, it's mostly just McKneely and Groves whose air space you need to take away. Beekman will take the occasional 3 if you leave him open, but that's not what he prefers to do. Rohde will shoot the 3 if open but shoots a low %. And we should encourage Harris to take any shot outside of 5' because he can't hit a pig's ass with a banjo.

And yes, I'm a HooWatcher. Is cookout now DeacWatcher or Ish? I can't keep up with board name changes. Seems like it was only a few years ago I learned that his board name was based on a restaurant called Cookout. I just thought he liked grilling in his backyard.

Really, it's mostly just McKneely and Groves whose air space you need to take away. Beekman will take the occasional 3 if you leave him open, but that's not what he prefers to do. Rohde will shoot the 3 if open but shoots a low %. And we should encourage Harris to take any shot outside of 5' because he can't hit a pig's ass with a banjo.

And yes, I'm a HooWatcher. Is cookout now DeacWatcher or Ish? I can't keep up with board name changes. Seems like it was only a few years ago I learned that his board name was based on a restaurant called Cookout. I just thought he liked grilling in his backyard.
i'm still cookout.. and yes based on the GOAT fast food establishment

ph is referencing a name change deacdiggler got to dukediggler temporarily since he said on monday that he appreciated duke 😂

among players attempting at least two 3-pointers per game, Groves and McKneely are numbers 6 and 16 nationally in 3-point percentage. So...yeah, don't leave them open.

Groves 38-76 50% - was 1-1 on 3's at WF
McKneely 61-129 47.3% - was 0-2 on 3's at WF

Another good shooter who doesn't play much is Taine Murray, shooting 12-26 (46%) on the year. No one else on the roster with more than one made 3 is shooting 30% on the year.

i'm still cookout.. and yes based on the GOAT fast food establishment

ph is referencing a name change deacdiggler got to dukediggler temporarily since he said on monday that he appreciated duke 😂
Still never been. Pretty much cut out all fast food unless I'm on the road.

Stayed away from the Duke game thread. Duke games make me too angry.

2016, Taine isn't that great an outside shooter. I think the trajectory on his shots is a bit too flat. And he averages only 1 attempt a game. But I think he's a better player than Harris and Rohde, and even though he doesn't start, he's been finishing games recently.

Still never been. Pretty much cut out all fast food unless I'm on the road.

Stayed away from the Duke game thread. Duke games make me too angry.

2016, Taine isn't that great an outside shooter. I think the trajectory on his shots is a bit too flat. And he averages only 1 attempt a game. But I think he's a better player than Harris and Rohde, and even though he doesn't start, he's been finishing games recently.
Cookout is ideal fast food on the road. I had the fried okra when I was in my hometown two weeks ago. Amazing.

Not sure how new it is. I hadn't been to a Cookout since last summer. I'm not sure if my small-town Cookout would have gotten an early rollout. If I lived back home, I'd probably get fried okra and a shake 2-3 times a week. Plus it's across the street from Bojangles.

Back