• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

IF Cam was healthy, maybe, but when you see Dunn in front you have to pass. Plenty of time but just panicked and took an incredibly difficult shot. Rather see us die by the 3 there for the win.

At least Cam got down the floor and got a shot up.

100% on our coach that we didn’t have a TO left and our players were even in doubt what to do there. Trying not to overreact but this was a blow to my confidence in Forbes for sure

Did we just commit metrics suicide? Just barely beat the spread, we probably stay out or barely edge up, and keep uva win at home from Q1.
I mean it’s mid-February so no. Plenty of more time for UVA to move up or down in NET.

We committed suicide by losing a winnable game that would have made our resume a lot better though. Can’t afford to have an off night the rest of the season, which is likely way too much to expect

It looked like Reid was trying to tell him to inbound the ball, but he didn’t. Sallie didn’t have a choice as he was the only player left and ref would’ve started the 5-second count. No idea of course, but that’s what it looked like.
Absolutely. The smart play from Cam would’ve been to inbound it but he’s (yet again) puts his head down and plays selfishly. I’m done defending him.

I had ( past tense) been a cam fan. Ridiculous that he refused to go back and throw the ball into Hunter. Fucking had to try and be a hero when you want your best player to take that shot.

Do you know that he didn’t try? Also, the players involved were on the other end of the court. They practice these situations, but then everyone (or one person?) wasn’t on the same page.

funny thing is i was like maybe cam is gonna drive and then kick it out
haha
hahahahah

hahahah

yeah no

Metrics aren't and won't be the issue. We're going to be fine there and are fine. We just have to get Q1 wins and we just refuse to do so
If I understand the dumbass quad system correctly, we had two options today for a Q1 win. Either win today or lose big. We proceed to lose close. Neat!

If I understand the dumbass quad system correctly, we had two options today for a Q1 win. Either win today or lose big. We proceed to lose close. Neat!
Again, whether or not something is a Q1 right now means absolutely nothing. In no universe would UVA blowing Wake out so they can jump to 27 in NET be a good thing.

Back