• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

We have too many empty possessions on O when we aren’t hitting from three. Pretty frustrating we didn’t have Carr in down the stretch while Cam was taking bad shots and missing them. He did get fouled quite a bit driving to the basket, but they hadn’t called it all game so I’m not sure why we thought that would change.

And I have no idea what the stats say, but I thought our best overall lineup today was Hunter/Parker/Damari/Carr/Reid. No idea why we went away from Reid and Carr in the second half. That was the one thing that was working.

Monsanto is playing exclusively at the 4 spot, presumably because of defense. I agree he was a lot better today but that was against a big guy. Very questionable whether he could defend a guard, but I do think it might be worth a shot just to get him on the court with Carr and Reid.

We’ve lost to UVA making one FT and NCSU making no 3s.

Has to be the most frustrating Wake season since Dino. Yes, the lost decade was brutal, but you could easily check out before ACC play those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsanto is playing exclusively at the 4 spot, presumably because of defense. I agree he was a lot better today but that was against a big guy. Very questionable whether he could defend a guard, but I do think it might be worth a shot just to get him on the court with Carr and Reid.
It’s worth a shot, and agree there could be a lapse on D if Damari had to lock down a guard, but he looked very active on the defensive end today. I think Carr and Reid compliment each other very well, just like Parker and Monsanto. Our O just seems so much more crisp with those four on the floor. And I’m also just speaking about today. Points come at a premium against UVA, and that rotation gives us our best chance to score points, IMHO.

Heroball Cam has become a liablity in the same way Money Mitch did, and Forbes seems to have the same blind spot as Clawson

Forbes needs to recruit one “traditional” point guard. Or at least never have a primary, score first PG as small as Boopie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to stop looking at this but I feel like we waited forever for this season to come and now I’m dying for it to be over and be put out of my misery.

Just inexcusable that that ball is in Cam’s hands instead of Sallis’s there.
Hard to figure why Sallis did the inbound then trailed Cam the entire way. Got picked up near mid-court by Beekman I think. Then with 3.2 & Cam’s head down, Damari is wide open for game winner.

While the last play was infuriating we lost it by our inability to hit threes and lack of “connectivity” on offense. Forbes talks a lot about how the team that wins makes the game look like their practice. That game was had to look like a UVA practice.

really mind boggling that Hunter does not touch the ball.

Five and one would get us in absolutely.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
We better not take Pitt lightly just because it is at home. They won at UNC and are very athletic.

Back