• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Because Marsh is a disaster.

In theory we sit Reid early to avoid quick fouls, but that's not an option.
in theory you get your best player at the position to improve their weakness instead of some weird ass sub pattern to compensate

Efton kept us in it early

I love Cam’s effort but that was easily the most selfish basketball play I’ve ever seen in person. Staring down our best player demanding he take it out. Then the shot. That was awful.
Cam and coaches insistence on him continuing to play 30+ mins/game after his wrist injury along With inability to coach up Elton to how not to run around on perimeter and keep making dumb fouls is why this team will miss tourney. You are the worse outside shooter on court when shooting well but 2-9 in a game and you still take it over much better shooters on the court. How sad. Literally he is last player I want taking our last shot to tie or win. Again not good coaching as have to make sure best shooters shoot that one And should have made clear who you want to shoot.

We needed Efton down the stretch. We haven’t had that option recently because of foul trouble. He started the 2nd half with no fouls and we completely went away from him. He scored two points and that wasn’t until 12 minutes had gone by. Baffling.

Cam made a bad play. He’s a college kid and I’m sure he feels worse about it than anyone on these here boards.
One of many ongoing forced shots. Kid needs to learn he is surrounded by great players and better shooters realizing with an injured wrist he needs to look to pass first or else we will have many empty possessions.

Cam made a bad play. He’s a college kid and I’m sure he feels worse about it than anyone on these here boards.
I typically agree with this re: piling on, but he doesn’t get it. He should have been feeling bad about selfish play for weeks. The rest of the team should feel bad that he’s ripping their chances away from them.

In order for Forbes to win championships at Wake, he will need to modify his “let players play through mistakes” mentality. Players are not being held accountable in game for stupid mistakes, which leads to the same mistakes being made over and over again. He doesn’t have to go Bobby Knight on them but has does need to pull them and yell a bit. If it’s not in his personality to do so, he needs to hire an assistant who will chew their asses out.

Championship coaches demand accountability and attention to detail. He doesn’t seem to be doing either with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think losing to a tournament team on the road constitutes a "pathetic" road loss, but obviously it's frustrating
Extremely frustrating. And whoever said before the prior UVA game at home that Boopie was going to take it to UVA should be banned. Beekman took him to school the entire game - easily the worst I've seen Boopie play. Why was Efton shooting 3s? Why try to take it 1 on 1 against Dunn on D? He and Beekman are the best defensive players in the conference. Why can't we get it in bounds after a TO? Why were we switching small to big or vice-versa so often? I don't mind if our guards switch, but you gotta fight through screens rather than switch little to big. Made for too many easy hoops. And although I get with what y'all are saying about Cam, although I don't mind him playing because he's a better defender than Boopie or PFred. And why was Carr in there so much when he was clearly ineffective in this match-up? Not Forbes finest hour, and that is being exceedingly kind.

All that said, it was nice to catch the game with an old Wake friend from out of town and have a late lunch afterwards. But the game sucked ass.

Back