• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

A big part of the problem is that Cam is one of our best defenders and rebounders, but he is an offensive suck hole right now. 6-29 last three games. Playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end is just not a recipe for success. I agree with trying to get Parker more minutes but I’m not sure Forbes has much of a choice here.

Last edited:
That was a bonehead play by Cam at the end of the game. It wasn't the reason for the loss. Wake lost because of terrible offensive play for the previous 39+ minutes. Very little ball movement and even less player movement. Stand around on offense then throw up a shot before the the shot clock runs out. Hildreth, Carr and Miller were lousy. Sallis was tentative but Beekman had something to do with that. Reid scored when he recieved the ball but the team decided to eliminate his possessions. Virginia forced 12 turnovers and blocked 13 shots. That is a key to limiting a team to 47 points.

The Deacs are 3-9 away from home. The wins are against Towson, Georgia Tech and Boston College, certainly not a murderers row. The losses were often the result of poor second half play on offense and defense. Winning at VPI and Notre Dame won't impress the committee. It's a hole I doubt the selectors will overlook. Win out and finish 14-6 in conference and receive the double bye maybe...with a win or two in the tourney.
I agree with the majority of this, but it isn't going to take 14-6 AND a win or 2 in the tourney. We win our from here it doesn't matter what we do in the ACCT. If we finish 13-7 I'm guessing we will have to double bye and probably be on the right side of the bubble going in the ACCT.

If we won out the regular season, we would close 9-2 with close losses at virginia and at duke a net mid lower 20s. it wouldn't be close.

Last edited:
Winning out is clearly in the tournament and it's not even on the bubble. I'm a broken record, but the issue isn't going to be the metrics barring losses that take us off the bubble the other way (and metrics aren't the issue then). The need is for at least 2 or 3 Q1 wins on the resume.

We played like a top 30-35 team would be "expected" to today. We just need the damn win instead of the "playing to our numbers"

This, and Forbes confirmed so post-game. :(
Forbes is no coach if cam starts next game if that is the case and shouldn’t play more than 20 mins most. A player outright going against coaches wishes??!! Worse you are not the future nba player and shooting 20-30% since wrist injury and 20% in current game? Lose all respect for Cam if this is true. Ball hog galore is ok during game but on last shot?? feel Bad for other players as game was there for the taking.

Confused at why he is all worked up… hope this doesn’t spark their offense to close the half. Hope we can make two FTs.
Tony worked up since he doesn't want to lose a home game on a Saturday, especially to a lesser program.

Which we just are right now, dammit.

I believe he wanted a five second call, which, on replay, seemed like it could've easily been called. Maybe Cam also shoved the defender for space and it was blocked by the defender on tv? I was also confused about why he was so worked up.

Well now he’s the “creepy” Duke dad. I feel like there’s a story here to be told!!!

Duke dad double winner... his team gets the W and he convinces AWakeGirl that taking him on a date was her idea...
I shouldn’t have called him creepy. More like a dorky Duke grad dad* from my kids pretentious school who was like- so cute that you like college basketball. His weird arrogant Duke demeanor made me decide I was going to doubledown on Wake and the two games they’ve had since then he’s been overly eager to mention this. Since I have a little Cam Hildreth in me, I’m close to wagering on the next Duke game and saying double or nothing.

Last edited:
I shouldn’t have called him creepy. More like a dorky Duke grad dud from my kids pretentious school who was like- so cute that you like college basketball. His weird arrogant Duke demeanor made me decide I was going to doubledown on Wake and the two games they’ve had since then he’s been overly eager to mention this. Since I have a little Cam Hildreth in me, I’m close to wagering on the next Duke game and saying double or nothing.
I’m oddly invested in how this all plays out

Forbes is no coach if cam starts next game if that is the case and shouldn’t play more than 20 mins most. A player outright going against coaches wishes??!! Worse you are not the future nba player and shooting 20-30% since wrist injury and 20% in current game? Lose all respect for Cam if this is true. Ball hog galore is ok during game but on last shot?? feel Bad for other players as game was there for the taking.

Guess we'll see. Forbes took the blame, but did say that Cam went against what they practice all the time.

Bone headed move and cost the chance for a PFred 3 pt buzzer beater for the win. He was waving for the ball and walked off head hung low.

Cam will lose his teammates if not already done so. :(

Guess we'll see. Forbes took the blame, but did say that Cam went against what they practice all the time.

Bone headed move and cost the chance for a PFred 3 pt buzzer beater for the win. He was waving for the ball and walked off head hung low.

Cam will lose his teammates if not already done so. :(
Why did he do that?

We were -10 the last two minutes of the first half and the first two minutes of the second half. We got up 5 with 2 to go in the first half and had the momentum and let it slip away.

Back