• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Also the last game we played against UVA they took:

12 threes
31 mid range shots
14 shots around the rim

It's hard to even foul out as a big if the other team only gets 14 shots around the rim.
Seems like Reid gets half his fouls 20 feet from the rim unfortunately. Hopefully the ass chewing Forbes gave him will finally resonate with him. And he realizes that we are only going to successful this season with him on the court.

Virginia is a must win game. It is the last opportunity for the Deacs to show they can beat a top shelf team on the road. At VPI and at ND don't offer that.

The Deacs won't get the benefit of the doubt in the selection process. Wake Forest basketball is 11 years of crap, followed by three years of winning records until their late season dive when the games count. Finished 3-4 in their final 7 ACC games in 2022. Finished as a two seed NIT team. Finished 2-5 in 2023 and sat at home. A win at UVA opens eyes as a tournament team and puts the Deacs in the final four in. A loss just the affirms the belief this team will fold again. Losing to a team on the road that you beat by 19 at home can close a door and lock it.

Virginia is a must win game. It is the last opportunity for the Deacs to show they can beat a top shelf team on the road. At VPI and at ND don't offer that.

The Deacs won't get the benefit of the doubt in the selection process. Wake Forest basketball is 11 years of crap, followed by three years of winning records until their late season dive when the games count. Finished 3-4 in their final 7 ACC games in 2022. Finished as a two seed NIT team. Finished 2-5 in 2023 and sat at home. A win at UVA opens eyes as a tournament team and puts the Deacs in the final four in. A loss just the affirms the belief this team will fold again. Losing to a team on the road that you beat by 19 at home can close a door and lock it.

I agree with all of this. However, I give it a 5% chance of happening. We beat them in Winston. Defeating Bennett on his home court given our abysmal road record is damn near impossible.

But, I'll watch and hope!

Just don’t have a great feeling about this one. Taking care of the ball is going to be critical. Hope we play our best road game of the season and come away with a huge W.

Just don’t have a great feeling about this one. Taking care of the ball is going to be critical. Hope we play our best road game of the season and come away with a huge W.
It's going to require us doing something we haven't done in 14 years... beat a ranked team in their place. It is about as good of a matchup as we could hope for, however.

We play like we did at Ga tech then we smoke uva. They've feasted on bad competition. I'm not saying we'll win. But they aren't some juggernaut. And we smoked them at home. Let's act the part here

We play like we did at Ga tech then we smoke uva. They've feasted on bad competition. I'm not saying we'll win. But they aren't some juggernaut. And we smoked them at home. Let's act the part here

I definitely think we are capable but expect a tightly contested game where UVA largely controls the tempo. Moving the ball, not turning it over and playing with discipline will be at a premium.

the key to the game is Hunter MF Sallis

last time vs. UVA he scored 21 points on 13 shots, had 9 rebounds, 2 assists, a block, and a steal

he plays like that again...we win

Back