• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Dropping both the Duke and Clemson games at home would be tough to overcome without sweeping the rest. I actually think the bubble argument for us might go the other way for a few reasons. First is the Efton Reid factor which means nothing to the metrics but the committee does consider. The 2nd is the snub 2 years ago. The third is Forbes tough year family-wise.

I think they'd stick us in First Four again.

Oh if we win out at home except for Duke and then beat VT on the road I'd imagine we're in the tournament when the ACCT starts. I didn't see that the hypothetical I responded to didn't also include a Clemson loss.

We will not overcome dropping both duke and clemson if we don't win 1/2 in the ACCT. Likely the same scenario with UVA and Duke. Everyone can say what they want, but our resume would be at the same place as it is today, which is not in the tournament. Everything about us screams tourney, except who we have beat. We have to change that or we will not make it.

Yes, WF needs to win more basketball games against quality teams to receive an NCAAT bid. What a novel concept.

Either way, hopefully we achieve a big piece this weekend. Will be rested and we should be ready to go, we blasted em once we can do it again.

the PFred/Monsanto minutes overlap is something I just don't get

My assumption is that Forbes likes playing the starting five together as much as possible.

I think we'd be better with Sallis as our primary PG (he's not a PG, but neither is Boopie) and one of those two (probably Pfred) on the floor instead of Boopie, who I think can spell Sallis (who probably already plays too many minutes, but definitely if he's more of a primary ballhandler).

Last edited:
Really don’t think we can rely on the ACC Tournament to save us. Not just because of our play in a historical sense, but it increasingly seems like the committee tries to get as much of its work done as possible before these conference tournaments are finished and that it would take quite a deep run for a team to go from “out” to “in” based purely on a few eleventh hour wins in a conference tournament after the committee has already analyzed and discussed the team’s entire resume.

So Wake just needs to go out and win that bitch then!

Wake needs Q1 wins wherever they pop up. A neutral court win in Washington over UVA, Clemson, Duke, or UNC is also going to pad our resume. It may not be what gets us from "out" to "in" but if we get to the ACCT with 1 Q1 win and add another one while we're in DC, I'd have to think that moves the needle quite a bit.

Well with the snow coming tonight I had to book a late hotel instead of trying to drive down in the morning, so Wake better win damnit. Plus my son would be really sad.

If the standings are the same at the end of the regular season as they are right now (and they won't be), WF would be the ACCT #4 seed and Clemson would be the #5 seed (they are in a 4 way tie with Pitt, NC State, and FSU, but all of those teams still have plenty of games against each other; Clemson does have wins over Pitt and FSU); so, WF might have to beat Clemson in back (to finish the regular season) to back (in the ACCT 4/5 quarter) games to enhance its resume.

Until this team learns how to get it done on the road we lose tomorrow. It's really that simple.

Back