• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Damari is only playing the 4 right now it seems. So he's not going to be splitting the difference time wise with Cam or Boopie as he's predominantly just been playing as a spell to Carr

unfortunately monsanto can’t really defend on the wing post-injury, so even if you play sallis and pfred you need either cam or boopie in there.

it’s a bummer canka, clark or ituka can’t be a basic 3 and D wing who just spaces the floor on offense and plays hard.
Thought Monsanto moved much better on D today.

For as bad as Damari’s D and rebounding were against Duke, I thought he played well today. Don’t think he would have he a problem guarding UVA’s goofy white 3s.

Been saying it for a while this season. Forbes has built excellent team chemistry in his last two seasons. Not this year. Too much hero ball from many corners, which often compounds on itself. And then you get the last inbounds play.

Cam’s play was brain-dead, but you aren’t using critical thinking skills whatsoever if you are choosing to blame that loss solely on the fact that we didn’t win the game when we got the ball down 2 with 7 seconds left.

Hunter wasn’t aggressive enough today. Carr didn’t utilize his size advantage at all. Cam and Boopie were out of control early and often. The only player that I think played well throughout was Efton.
I put it on how selfishly Cam played all game. I posted that he was going to lose the game for us long before he highjacked the last play.

Everything on the line for the entire season and a low-IQ, mentally unstable Cam demands the call and loses the game... He should be benched the rest of the season and sent packing after the season.

When Cam made his one bucket in the first half, next possession I knew he was going to shoot again. He dribbled into the paint, was triple teamed, pivoted a bunch and threw some shit up. So predictable. Like one layup goes in and he's on fire.

Cam’s play was brain-dead, but you aren’t using critical thinking skills whatsoever if you are choosing to blame that loss solely on the fact that we didn’t win the game when we got the ball down 2 with 7 seconds left.

Hunter wasn’t aggressive enough today. Carr didn’t utilize his size advantage at all. Cam and Boopie were out of control early and often. The only player that I think played well throughout was Efton.

I dont think it’s just about the last play in a vacuum but that the problems with the last play feel like a microcosm of the larger offensive issues that have plagued us against good teams.

He’s not asked to. I’m confident he will be a far better player than Cam. It’s obvious his basketball IQ is 10X higher.
I totally agree if we are talking what he will be.

But he currently cant do it

We have too many empty possessions on O when we aren’t hitting from three. Pretty frustrating we didn’t have Carr in down the stretch while Cam was taking bad shots and missing them. He did get fouled quite a bit driving to the basket, but they hadn’t called it all game so I’m not sure why we thought that would change.

And I have no idea what the stats say, but I thought our best overall lineup today was Hunter/Parker/Damari/Carr/Reid. No idea why we went away from Reid and Carr in the second half. That was the one thing that was working.

Boopie heat checked his 3 with a 28 footer, too.

Cam and Boopie seem to use the most effort but good lord are they dumb offensive players.

This is why Forbes has needed to rein them in earlier this year - at least once or twice - so it sticks.

This loss, and most of the road losses, are on Forbes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Cam made his one bucket in the first half, next possession I knew he was going to shoot again. He dribbled into the paint, was triple teamed, pivoted a bunch and threw some shit up. So predictable. Like one layup goes in and he's on fire.
Boopie did the exact same thing after hitting a 3 for the first time in a month. It's clear they're coached to play loose and aggressive but for some reason our best guard is the most tentative and the other two don't realize they've been complete liabilities recently. At least Reid showed some progress on the defensive end.

Parker isn’t nearly aggressive enough on offense for that. He can’t create his own shot at all, and our offensive style requires that.

I would argue that it seems like our offensive style requires that because that’s all our starting guards can do well. The ball movement is much better with Pfred and Monsanto in the game.

The play where Monsanto fed Reid in the post who drew help and kicked to Monsanto who then reversed to Pfred for a 3 was my favorite of the game by far.

Last edited:
I mean, it's hard to win on the road
when you keep shooting twenty five percent from the perimeter. Especially hard at virginia because they can foul you at will driving and never get called.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

But it's also hard to win shooting 1-11 FT, and uva just did. :(

Back