• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: WF at NC State - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

We know how yo win ugly finally...so many February's past that game was a loss.

Only 3 TO in the second half. And that was with State pressing almost the whole game.

Wake didn't turn the ball over nearly as much in the second half. Turnovers nearly even for the game. 11- 12.
State was terrible shooting 3's. Shot 3-22, 13.6%.

Wake gets their free throw % more than a smidge above the 3 pt %, that would be helpful. 45% from 3. 46.2 from the FT line. Yikes!

I love the Forbes even had the balls to talk about the mystical 30 win season in the post-game while we sit at 20...because he's actually been there, multiple times, and plans to do it at Wake.

Sy 6/7 from the field

Huge game with Walton in foul trouble. 13/7.

This has to be one of the most demoralizing ways we’ve beaten State. It was a game until all of a sudden it wasn’t.

Wake didn't turn the ball over nearly as much in the second half. Turnovers nearly even for the game. 11- 12.
State was terrible shooting 3's. Shot 3-22, 13.6%.

Wake gets their free throw % more than a smidge above the 3 pt %, that would be helpful. 45% from 3. 46.2 from the FT line. Yikes!

I looked at the box score at one point and saw state was 3-9 from three. So they finished 0-13 from three. Awesome.

Crazy to think that we have 20 wins, but even crazier to think that we have a legit shot at finishing with 25 heading into the ACCT (but probably more like 23 or 24).

Isn't 27 our program best for wins?

Crazy to think that we have 20 wins, but even crazier to think that we have a legit shot at finishing with 25 heading into the ACCT (but probably more like 23 or 24).

Yup. 05.

Yes, 27 is most in a season (04-05 season). We can get to 29 before the NCAAT!

That left handed cross court pass from ManMan was one of the prettiest things I’ve seen all year. Not only is his court vision unbelievable, he is so decisive…sees an opening, pulls the trigger, no hesitation. Beautiful to behold.

State was really a one man show by Seabron. Wake had four guys in double figures and Walton close with 9.

In the end, box score said Wake played good D, holding State to 32.2% from the field. That kind of D will win a lot of games.

need one more win (which we will get) to have a winning season in ACC play.

WF football and basketball teams have both had winning seasons in ACC play during the same school year...twice now, ever (only other time: 1959-60)

That left handed cross court pass from ManMan was one of the prettiest things I’ve seen all year. Not only is his court vision unbelievable, he is so decisive…sees an opening, pulls the trigger, no hesitation. Beautiful to behold.

Bonner sounded like he creamed himself after a few of the Williams dimes lol

As I posted earlier... the last 5 minutes of this game turned into an NBA team against a high school team. Almost immediately.

Still not sure what happened but glad it did.

Back