• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: WF at NC State - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

FWIW I was at the game and Forbes was working the refs. The refs generally suck.

It's fun to watch this team come together.

We've got two legitimate stars and a few guys who can help keep us in games when our stars aren't clicking.

The biggest thing for this team is to push the pace early. The quicker we let our opponents dictate the pace, the harder it is for Jake and ManMan to get into rhythm.

dont think so at all. it came down to who he trusted to win the game at the end and it was the starting lineup along with Sy. .

Forbes has some good players who have different skill set to put around his core three of Williams, LaRavia and Williamson. Who gets the minutes depends on the opponent and game situation. Tonight it was the starters and Sy down the stretch.

State went to a lot of effort to keep Williams from scoring in the first half. That left Mucius wide open for threes. Mucius is one of several guys on this Wake team who can go off and ruin somebody's day or evening.

Game getting away right now. Hard to understand why we didn’t adjust to their 3/4 court press at halftime. Same tentative bullshit. No reason not to attack the basket…instead we just Jack 3’s. This team has no discipline

:bowrofl:

I was at the game tonite. Very sparse crowd which was a bit surprising. Williamson was the man down the stretch. Definitely the MVP. Our defense is awesome.
Have always loved Sy and he was very good. Jake did his thing. Williams comes thru when he needs to. Love this team.

Love this team too.

It may have already been posted, but Sy had 3 offensive rebounds and the rest of the team had 0.

Was there right behind the bench and I am super impressed with our assistant coaches. Also, Forbes is the fucking man.

It's really cool to see Mucius get so locked into his role on this team. Imagine going from his first few years - you're a 3! No you're a 4! No, don't shoot 3's, you're game is mid-range! No be a rebounder and learn to post up, play some 5! Handle the bar more! Handle the ball less! Be our best player! Be a role player!

Forbes just nailed it down for him. 3 and D. Great length and athleticism to first and foremost be our go-to defender. Use that length on the other end to open up our offense and shoot over defenders, keep teams honest. Watching him, Daivien, Manman, and LaRavia work screens with Dream and Dallas is just crazy good right now. Always forcing sideline, always getting over screens, always communicating on switches, and big man hedges are quick and even Dallas recovers well old-man-knees and all to avoid most really bad matchups. That last 5 minutes was just gorgeous to watch on defense.

20 wins. Unreal.

Piece in today’s W-SJ featuring Mucius: Veteran Isaiah Mucius playing pivotal role in Wake Forest's turnaround

“We don’t care who is scoring or if you haven’t gotten a shot in awhile nobody cares because when you look at the scoreboard we are winning games,” he said. “When you are playing around guys that can put the ball on the floor like that you don’t have to do too much. I’ve had to make big plays here and there like at Virginia but at the end of the day I have to cut to the basket, make some three’s and defend my ass off. Those three things allow me to do it at an elite level and that’s allowed me to play my best basketball.”

So happy for Mucius. Guy stuck around, worked hard and is respected in his leadership role. I hope his ability to defend and hit the corner three make him some money in Europe when he’s done at Wake.

What in particular stood out about the assistants?

Brooks, BJ and Shay all at one point or another took over during certain timeouts or turnovers and either called plays or pointed out things on O or D that weren’t working. Immediately after that, the players they keyed in on executed on O and D. Forbes was working the hell out of the refs and the assistant coaches were watching their guys and coaching them up when needed. It was really impressive to see and witness.

So happy for Mucius. Guy stuck around, worked hard and is respected in his leadership role. I hope his ability to defend and hit the corner three make him some money in Europe when he’s done at Wake.

Agree. He’s been through a lot and deserves all the praise for sticking with it and working on his craft. He was great tonight.

Brooks, BJ and Shay all at one point or another took over during certain timeouts or turnovers and either called plays or pointed out things on O or D that weren’t working. Immediately after that, the players they keyed in on executed on O and D. Forbes was working the hell out of the refs and the assistant coaches were watching their guys and coaching them up when needed. It was really impressive to see and witness.

Love to hear this. Damn we’re lucky.

mucius should get a lot of love

happy that he's on a really good team playing a big role

Back