• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: WF at NC State - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

Brooks, BJ and Shay all at one point or another took over during certain timeouts or turnovers and either called plays or pointed out things on O or D that weren’t working. Immediately after that, the players they keyed in on executed on O and D. Forbes was working the hell out of the refs and the assistant coaches were watching their guys and coaching them up when needed. It was really impressive to see and witness.

don't forget about FRANK

Forbes' press conferences are the best:

You learn so much about coaching and our team and how to win. Should be required viewing for all prospective coaches.

Fun win at State. Some of the commentary on this thread was amusing.

The Wake Forest defense just keeps improving. The Deacs played good D the entire game with the exception of defensive rebounding in the first half. The final six minutes of the game was men against boys. State was 0-6 from the field with four turnovers their last ten possessions. This team has had several games where they just shut down their opponent in the final few minutes for the win. That is not normal Wake Forest basketball, even in the good years. If the defense continues to improve it will be capable of winning an ACC championship and make noise in the Dance.

Forbes comment about good, great and special tells me he believes this team is capable of special. It tells me the team believes it can be special. Need a win Saturday at home against Miami.

NC State folded so quickly around the 6 minute mark that it looked like they were throwing the game. 19-2 run from 6:00 to end the game. That’s crazy.
495d4ddb83333bb9650115aa110923c6.jpg

Last edited:
That's what bad teams do. State folded like origami right when it mattered.

Looked like a lot of Bz/DM teams that would occasionally hang with good teams and almost never get over the hump when they needed to.

This may have already been posted. I didn't look through. But did anyone notice how often State's coach was out on the floor? Like a few feet out onto the floor. While the game was happening. At one point he looked like he was defending a potential fast break as we were trying to bring the ball up the court.

This may have already been posted. I didn't look through. But did anyone notice how often State's coach was out on the floor? Like a few feet out onto the floor. While the game was happening. At one point he looked like he was defending a potential fast break as we were trying to bring the ball up the court.

Yeah at one point Forbes seemed to be getting on the refs about that, he forced one of our guys into the court by a good bit on one break for sure. Unbelievable the refs allowed that shit.

Yeah at one point Forbes seemed to be getting on the refs about that, he forced one of our guys into the court by a good bit on one break for sure. Unbelievable the refs allowed that shit.

Should have just knocked his ass back onto the bench during the fast break.

Yes.

One was egregious when Keatts was well out on the floor and Williams was taking the ball up near the State bench. I mean he could not have been more than three feet from Williams. I couldn't believe he didn't at least get a gentle warning about that, cause it didn't happen just once. I can't remember seeing that anytime recently in a game. It would have been more than reasonable to T him up for it.

If Keatts is that far out on the court and our guy runs into him, they would call a T on Keatts, right?

It's supposed to be a T just for being out of the coaching box. Much less on the floor playing 6 v 5 Defense.

There was one point in the 2nd half when Keatts was on the court and literally inches from Alondes as he was dribbling up the court. Thought Alondes might subtlely edge into Keatts to force the reffs to consider Ting the State coach.

Yes.

One was egregious when Keatts was well out on the floor and Williams was taking the ball up near the State bench. I mean he could not have been more than three feet from Williams. I couldn't believe he didn't at least get a gentle warning about that, cause it didn't happen just once. I can't remember seeing that anytime recently in a game. It would have been more than reasonable to T him up for it.

Keatts maybe letting the pressure get to him. He had his mask on covering about his whole face for a few minutes than would take it off for 5 minutes then put it back on. Did this the whole game. What is the point?
Not sure he is back next year. Has not done much at all to build a consistent program and their offensive and defensive schemes pretty much suck.

I thought Keats was a great hire... really fell on his face though.

Keatts had a really bad game last night. They would play zone, keep it close, then inexplicably switch to man, we'd pour on points until they went back to zone, repeat.

Their press did slow us down though. I'm assuming that wasn't part of our game plan (slow it down and just beat them in the half court), but it definitely made the game more boring.

Yes.

Yeah, my wife was mid-sentence trying to talk to me about summer camp plans for the kids (a bad idea in general during a Wake game), and I yelled “DUDE, GET OFF THE FLOOR!” and that was the end of the summer camp convo

Back