• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

I’m weirdly affected by his cancer journey. He drove me crazy with the Duke stuff but he really loved college basketball. I never get that feeling from announcers anymore.
The game isn’t nearly as lovable anymore. If you had a circus clown like vitale babbling on and on about quads nostalgia wouldn’t be addling your brains as much about him.

I’m curious about this. I think our court looks good on tv and very recognizable but am I not remembering the past versions well enough? Guess I’ll watch more YouTube clips for comparison.
The cameras in the Joel and the Couch are not good Dino. The light color turf at an angle and the bright lights of the led boards in the Joel just wreck the image quality.

In my opinion, that’s the best court we’ve had at the Joel. I like the smaller Deacon head in the jump circle and Wake Forest written out. The trend to massive things drawn or written in the jump circle and all over basketball courts took off and makes most courts now look very busy, IMO. Still love coming across clips of that old court.

I like the way our court looks in person but it does look like shit on TV. It looks completely washed out. Really hope this is addressed somehow in the offseason.
We've been asking them to address the court for years now to no avail. The court is not high on their priority list

The cameras in the Joel and the Couch are not good Dino. The light color turf at an angle and the bright lights of the led boards in the Joel just wreck the image quality.
Doesn’t help that one of the ads on the LED board is for our supposed hospital system and it shines a hideous Carolina blue on the court

Yeah, so this feels like the ultimate heartbreak scenario. Don't let it happen Deacs. Make the simple plays - this Duke team sucks - the simple buckets will be there.

Also, I'd feel a lot better if we had Teague, James Johnson and Aminu in the starting lineup. Of course, if we did have:

Sallis
Teague
Johnson
Aminu
Reid

We would be 25-1 or 26-0.

I’m curious about this. I think our court looks good on tv and very recognizable but am I not remembering the past versions well enough? Guess I’ll watch more YouTube clips for comparison.
I’m not sure why it looks so odd now. Maybe because we’ve switched to a lighter, almost pea green “gold” and it looks strange with the light colored wood? Or it could be the lighting in the Joel, you can see one side of the court lit up by the banner screens that wrap around the arena. Overall I think if the color of the wood was a little darker it’d look ok.

In my opinion, that’s the best court we’ve had at the Joel. I like the smaller Deacon head in the jump circle and Wake Forest written out. The trend to massive things drawn or written in the jump circle and all over basketball courts took off and makes most courts now look very busy, IMO. Still love coming across clips of that old court.
I miss the deacon head logo so much. We’ve really went away from it and it’s so much cooler than “WF”

I’m not sure why it looks so odd now. Maybe because we’ve switched to a lighter, almost pea green “gold” and it looks strange with the light colored wood? Or it could be the lighting in the Joel, you can see one side of the court lit up by the banner screens that wrap around the arena. Overall I think if the color of the wood was a little darker it’d look ok.
Hopefully they'll continue to tweak everything. But the court being lit up by the wrap around screens is something that happens in every arena that has them. I've come to accept it as the new viewing reality. They aren't going to stop advertising there.

In fact it's been interesting for me to see how some arenas have moved the team seating to the side closer to the camera - so that the freed up visual space can be used for more rotating digital ads.

Yeah, so this feels like the ultimate heartbreak scenario. Don't let it happen Deacs. Make the simple plays - this Duke team sucks - the simple buckets will be there.

Also, I'd feel a lot better if we had Teague, James Johnson and Aminu in the starting lineup. Of course, if we did have:

Sallis
Teague
Johnson
Aminu
Reid

We would be 25-1 or 26-0.
I too would feel better if our starting lineup consisted of 4 future NBA players.

Gonna need reasonably evenhanded whistles to win this. An action that is a foul on one end needs to be a foul on the other. An action that is a "no call" on one end needs to be a "no calling the other.

Back