• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

If Reid doesn't stay on the floor we won't win.
It would certainly help but we were in that game till the end even without him a big part of the game. We lost that game because we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3. That won't happen at home

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Teddy V is good to get at home. You don’t wait Jamie Luckie at home. He’s the most spiteful of the bunch IMO.
I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion here, but I think Teddy V is a good ref. I bet if you looked at his stats, he'd rank as one of the top refs in the country.

I've seen how he interacts with the kids and can see that he loves his job and loves the players.

He can ham it up for the cameras, but otherwise, I don't have a bad thing to say about Teddy.

Jamie Luckie on the other hand...

Most officials at the power conference levels officiate across multiple conferences, so I don't think it's a "reffing in the ACC" type thing. Roger Ayers has officiated 6 ACC games and 6 other conference games in the last two weeks. Teddy Valentine MOSTLY does ACC games but also has 3 of last 10 outside the conference.
Several weeks ago Roger Ayers was in Arizona for the 3OT thriller Utah @ Zona on Thursday. Friday back to Richmond for Dayton @ VCu and Saturday had our home game vs NC State. Sunday he had Rhody @ UMass. So yes, these major conference guys call in 4-6 leagues all year long working 5-6 games a week.

Biggest game since....?
Pitt.
Look i get it. its Duke and we were born to hate them (not that its too difficult). BUT, i dont believe this is a MUST WIN. We still have 4 more games +ACCT upcoming. I'll bet you this. You think this game is big? just wait for Clemson in 2 weeks.

This is a much bigger game. Clemson will be big, but our fate will be largely decided by then. Only way it's not is if we lose tomorrow and win until then.

A win tomorrow and we are in. We can play our way out but the situation is very different than the other way around. Also pretty likely a win vs clemson won't be a Q1. It may but it very well may not.

This is a much bigger game. Clemson will be big, but our fate will be largely decided by then. Only way it's not is if we lose tomorrow and win until then.

A win tomorrow and we are in. We can play our way out but the situation is very different than the other way around. Also pretty likely a win vs clemson won't be a Q1. It may but it very well may not.
I think we need to finish 4-1 and I dont believe it matters who the 1 L is. Odds are Clemson will be a must win either way.

Selling 4 tickets and 1 Allegacy parking pass for Duke tomorrow. Tickets are lower level mid court if anyone here is interested. Will deliver the tickets and pass in person. Send me your best offer at cwmdeacon@yahoo.com or 919 (six-three-zero) 8103

Pitt.
Look i get it. its Duke and we were born to hate them (not that its too difficult). BUT, i dont believe this is a MUST WIN. We still have 4 more games +ACCT upcoming. I'll bet you this. You think this game is big? just wait for Clemson in 2 weeks.
Hopefully Clemson will be a huge game, because that will mean we have won the requisite number of games between now that then for it to matter.

Not sure I agree we win tomorrow and we are in, but win tomorrow and not completely crap the bed down the stretch and we SHOULD be in.

I mean for the moment. That's why I said we could play our way out, but the tide will have turned where as now we have to play our way in. If that makes sense.

Maybe this is a stupid question, already answered in another thread but...What's the point of the NET rankings (that everyone is so focused on) if you leave a Top30 team out of the tournament?
It exists so that the Mountain West can be viewed as a real conference and get over 50% of their entire league in the dance.

Hopefully Clemson will be a huge game, because that will mean we have won the requisite number of games between now that then for it to matter.
Guessing we drop 1 between here and there. and there you have it. Beat Clemson and we're in.

Vegas knows what's going down tomorrow.

Wake -1.5 (ML -125)
O/U 152.5

Back