• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

Hell of a game today.

Sallis is truly special and is just getting better and better each game. He has to be an absolute nightmare to defend.
Cam was a persona non grata for me at halftime but he TOTALLY REDEEMED HIMSELF with that 2nd half performance, especially the last 10-12 mins or so. I don't always love his proclivity to put situations into his own hands but you have to respect his mental strength to just Keep. Going. At. It. He's relentless. No wonder it seems so many opposing players just obviously hate his face.
Carr just did great post work against Mitchell. That poor guy just couldn't do anything that mattered once Andrew got him to the low block.

And we just beat a, yes, overrated Duke team at home, so let's not start throwing a parade just yet, but we did this with our two sharp-shooters really not showing up off the bench today. That's kinda wild.

Lastly, our starting 5 is better than Duke's starting 5 and I don't even think it is debatable. We have more talent on the floor at the opening tip-off.
I don’t think they’re overrated. This is just college bball these days. Not many great teams come around anymore.

Court storming is great. Filipowski had no situational awareness. Tyrese proctor was further from the bench than Filipowski was but he knew the situation and jogged at a healthy clip and was out of the way of everyone. Move your ass and you won’t get run over.
Court storming is NOT great.

Everything else you said I 100% agree with

Court storming is great. If Filipowski hadn't tried to take out his frustrations on cell phone guy, he wouldn't have bumped knees. Luckily for him he didn't injure himself worse than he did.

I mean look at this shit. Proctor knew where to go, Filipowski was just twiddling around with a thumb up his ass.

View attachment 8234
This is the part that really gets me when people say “oh he panicked that’s why he pushed him” dude everyone else on the court got the memo. I have no clue why he was lollygagging.

Last edited:
This is the part that really gets me when people say “oh he panicked that’s why he pushed him” dude everyone else on the court got the memo. I have no clue why he was lollygagging.
All the students were just trying to celebrate. No one was trying to pick a fight with some giant.

It is great as a fan. Duke players are just punk bitches.
Lame.

It isn't about the fans being able to run on the court tho, is it? Nobody grows up wishing to be somebody in the stands that really wants to run onto the court after other people do something amazing.

This is just a straight cost/benefit. There is no benefit. So even if a minimal liklihood of a cost means court storming should be stopped.

That said, FallopianTubski was a complete dick today and caused the incident.

The overall point remains tho.

Dude, fuck you and the maple fridge you rode in on. No, I would not have done the same thing he did. I would have done exactly like his teammate who was even farther from the tunnel and closer to the baseline with students and booked it off the court (in time) as soon as the buzzer sounded.
I certainly wouldn’t then fake an injury like a little bitch but I can see where you see your resemblance.
It’s college basketball and courts get stormed. It is part of the game and part of tradition. If you play for Duke, then you know that and you get out of the way unless you want something bad to happen. So, again, fuck off maple dick.
Jesus Christ.

I don't even agree with the sentiment about court storming but this was a fucking take down.

Wow.

Remind me not to piss off ol' Tobaccy Roadie.

don't worry dook fansites want filiPOWski to sue wake now so
oh man no doubt our resident cheerleader, DonaldRoss, is all excited thinking about taking this case so that he can add another $2k to his Deacon Club donation next year and be that much closer to licking Mit Shah's balls. Live that dream, Donny boy. Live that dream.

Flip-Flop is lucky he was at Wake tonight. If he takes a cheap shot at an NC State student like that he'd probably get shivved instead of just bumped.

I get that the media coverage takes away from the win, but seeing such a clear demonstration of Duke agony definitely outweighs that in my mind. Plus it's enhanced by the crying, injury-faking, pathetic need to go full victim and claim getting punched and suffering personal attacks in that bitch-fest of an interview after the game.

1708840934653.png

I sat beside CP3 on a flight to DC when he was first drafted. He said he absolutely nut punched him. I asked him why and he said that Hodges kept saying that he killed his grandpa. Hodges was a real piece of shit. The next year he was shot three times outside a night club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa. So, CP3 wasn’t done after the nut punch. Went back to finish the job. I like the 3 shots to send a message.

Back