• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

I’m 100% down for these Deacs to be the bad guys of college basketball. We have been the lovable losers for decades now and it’s gotten us nowhere.

Embrace the hate. Between State and Duke we have bad blood in the waters. Love it.

I want to run Tobacco Road in the ACC tournament. Give me State-Duke and then Carolina. Let’s do this

You guys were the heroes yesterday. You bright energy I haven't seen in that building in 15 years. Please try to keep it Rolling as best as you can for GT and Clemson. Both are crucial for punching our ticket to the tournament.
Clemson runs into spring break but should be a nice crowd for Georgia Tech

Is there any video of “Flip the stiff” walking around normally before heading back to Durham. If so, it needs to be put out there. Currie’s response only plays into the national narrative. I think Forbes comments after the game were sufficient. We should have left it at that and focus on the outcome of the game.

In KFF’s defense, he was probably just woozy and disoriented from the massive blood loss he experienced after the violent hit to the face he took earlier in the game.

The guy is a warrior. A soldier. No one else could’ve battled on like that.

I expect the young man to be presented the Presidential Medal of Honor for his bravery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the camp that stormings need to be banned at this point. But if you're gonna have them, at least reserve them for games where you're a yuge underdog against 1 of the top few teams in the country, not a game where you're a favorite. I get it was a big game against a good and hated opponent, but the storming and lack of security are a big black eye for Wake and the ACC this morning.
Cville, you are one of our better posters and you add a lot to discussions. I’ve especially appreciated your basketball insight and VA perspective/context.

Who, exactly, is going to do the reserving? This was a big game and court storm worthy. You don’t get to tell today’s student they don’t get to storm because your days have already come and gone. I am confident that if this had happened under these circumstances back in our day, you would have been on that court with me and the team. You probably would have been making Scheyer faces at the Duke bench as they retreated to tunnel.

Mayne Kyle just had to take a shit like when Paul Pierce got into that wheelchair

Stepping away from the court storm nonsense…thinking of Reid’s 3rd “foul” on Ryan Young’s missed layup. When did it become a thing for refs to wait to see if a shot misses and then whistle a late foul? This isn’t the NFL where you let a play continue and then review whether it should have been whistled dead. There is an “and 1” for a reason. Either call a foul or don’t. I’ve seen it a lot more than last couple of years, and the announcers even acknowledged that he was waiting to see if the shot went in before whistling. It’s annoying as shit when you think your team has gotten a stop only to be buttonhooked by an absurdly late whistle.

Stepping away from the court storm nonsense…thinking of Reid’s 3rd “foul” on Ryan Young’s missed layup. When did it become a thing for refs to wait to see if a shot misses and then whistle a late foul? This isn’t the NFL where you let a play continue and then review whether it should have been whistled dead. There is an “and 1” for a reason. Either call a foul or don’t. I’ve seen it a lot more than last couple of years, and the announcers even acknowledged that he was waiting to see if the shot went in before whistling. It’s annoying as shit when you think your team has gotten a stop only to be buttonhooked by an absurdly late whistle.
I agree and that one was especially egregious

Cville, you are one of our better posters and you add a lot to discussions. I’ve especially appreciated your basketball insight and VA perspective/context.

Who, exactly, is going to do the reserving? This was a big game and court storm worthy. You don’t get to tell today’s student they don’t get to storm because your days have already come and gone. I am confident that if this had happened under these circumstances back in our day, you would have been on that court with me and the team. You probably would have been making Scheyer faces at the Duke bench as they retreated to tunnel.
You're right, I don't get to tell today's students what to do. And I am old, and we just disagree on what is storm worthy. I just think storming a court when you were the slight favorite is poor form.

And please, lower case c.

Back