• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Duke @ LJVM - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN

NBC Sunday Night News intro lead with the court storming story as if it was the worst thing on the planet... LMAO the media is a total joke. One single possession in an NCAA basketball game is 10 times as physical and dangerous as a bunch of smaller kids running past this guy.
I get that our fan base hates duke, but the event vendor screwed up here and that’s totally overshadowed a big win. My hope is that wake takes quick action and terminates the vendor. We have great, respectful fans and I wouldn’t want to do anything to change that reputation. It’s why I’m proud to be a Deac.

that’s totally overshadowed a big win.
We've played Duke enough for you guys to understand that the narrative was always going to be about Duke losing rather than Wake winning, no matter what happened.

Filipowski's incident certainly didn't overshadow Wake's win in my eyes and it didn't in the eyes of the NCAAT committee. Considering that we as fans have absolutely no control over the court storming incident or following narratives, it seems reasonable to say stop worrying about it and just enjoy the big win

This is how Duke is treated nationally. Let's not forget that.

Their image is protected and promoted by many third-parties who are interested in Duke being good and more relevant than programs like WF. This may start to slip away in the post-K era, but we probably have at least a few more seasons of it.

Also Rhino is a Revel XP company it says, and I believe Ben Sutton owns or owned Revel? You can see where this is going...

I get that our fan base hates duke, but the event vendor screwed up here and that’s totally overshadowed a big win. My hope is that wake takes quick action and terminates the vendor. We have great, respectful fans and I wouldn’t want to do anything to change that reputation. It’s why I’m proud to be a Deac.

WADR, if it was a line of 10 police officers, standing under each basket. . . they're still not stopping 4000 fans rushing at one time. its just part of it. . . Duke football rushed the field literally this past season when they beat clemson, and today, Duke basketball is somehow the posterchild victim of court storms. . . . no sympathy here 😣

not to mention the little grabby hands at cameron indoor, players have complained for years, but nothing changes. . . . and honestly, Im ok with it. let home court/field advantage be a thing again!

WADR, if it was a line of 10 police officers, standing under each basket. . . they're still not stopping 4000 fans rushing at one time. its just part of it. . . Duke football rushed the field literally this past season when they beat clemson, and today, Duke basketball is somehow the posterchild victim of court storms. . . . no sympathy here 😣

not to mention the little grabby hands at cameron indoor, players have complained for years, but nothing changes. . . . and honestly, Im ok with it. let home court/field advantage be a thing again!
Security doesn't prevent storming, but they cordon off the visiting team to protect them and help get them off the floor - or at least that's the way I've seen it work here. The problem on Saturday was there was no security (from what I could tell from the video) and apparently no planning, and that is on the Wake athletic department and the arena vendor.

One thing I loved is how, while Flopowski is accosting one of our students, Hildreth steals the ball, dribbles right through a court storming, and makes the left handed layup about 1.5 seconds after the horn sounded.

Hildreth was like, "I am taking no chances with a 4 point lead, I am BURYING them."
Cam knows about the importance of margin of victory, he was just trying to boost that NET lol

With like 3 mins left I saw an army of green neon security type folks between the final student section and the Duke fans/bench. Where did they all go when the court storming happened?

With like 3 mins left I saw an army of green neon security type folks between the final student section and the Duke fans/bench. Where did they all go when the court storming happened?
Just spitballing here, college students might just run faster than they can?

Yeah if you watch the replay there were 4 or 5 students prepped like they were in sprinter's starting blocks right under Duke's basket. The game was already effectively over, when Cam possessed the inbounds it was 100% toast and they bolted. All you have to do is force the students down the isles opposite the team benches. I don't really care much about "protecting" players since the actual risk for injury is pretty much zero, but if a Duke player grabs Cam with .5 seconds left and students are streaming en masse onto the floor that'd be a big problem. Imagine losing that game on technical free throws or something...

I just watched the condensed game, and man did we play tough. They took the lead a bunch from us, especially second half and we battled hard. A few things stood out, Carr was a man in that second half, especially at the beginning of that half. Everyone hit some good shots, Cams big shot and some steals. Some dumb plays yes but overall good stuff.

But really it is an elongated Hunter Sallis highlight film. My god was he so fucking good. He hit so many tough threes, open threes, tough mid range, got to the hoop. It was a truly legendary performance. What a beast. So glad he came to Wake.

Just spitballing here, college students might just run faster than they can?
Yeah, have you seen the neon green security folks? They aren't stopping or intimidating anyone. At the State game, I swear there was one security lady that looked pregnant.

I just watched the condensed game, and man did we play tough. They took the lead a bunch from us, especially second half and we battled hard. A few things stood out, Carr was a man in that second half, especially at the beginning of that half. Everyone hit some good shots, Cams big shot and some steals. Some dumb plays yes but overall good stuff.

But really it is an elongated Hunter Sallis highlight film. My god was he so fucking good. He hit so many tough threes, open threes, tough mid range, got to the hoop. It was a truly legendary performance. What a beast. So glad he came to Wake.
The lamest part about the Flip thing is that the game was one of the best played in the nation this year.

Now nobody is talking about that at all, and you just know that's all by design from Scheyer, Duke, Flip, and the media. It cannot ever be about them getting beat, it's always something to distract.

Back