• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: Miami Hurricanes in Coral Gables - The Watsco Center - Saturday - 2pm - Ballys

probably a distinction between live ball and dead ball turnovers which i agree with him if that’s the case

there’s no advantage for the opposing teams offense off a dead ball turnover

eta: 17 live and 17 dead would still be turrible

“Well, they both have the same problem. The offense is really good and it hurts the defense as a result.” - Cam Lemons
I think it's more Miami's O than our poor D. Their 4 starting guards are that good, despite giving up a 2 inches against our big guys. Anytime we score 87, I have no complaints. Forbes can address the ugly turnovers, which have been improving steadily until today.

probably a distinction between live ball and dead ball turnovers which i agree with him if that’s the case

there’s no advantage for the opposing teams offense off a dead ball turnover

eta: 17 live and 17 dead would still be turrible

OK…maybe that’s the explanation.

Yeah, still terrible.

I’m coming with a few colleagues. We’ll probably go in a bit early for beers given that there is nowhere around there to easily have a beer/dinner. If boards folks want to meet for concourse beers pregame, lmk!
Putters and Elizabeth's Pizza say hello....

yeah the frustrating part is that everyone is correctly noting this was the expected result, but we actually played lights out on offense minus turnovers, many inexplicable... i mean not forced by the D at all. we were getting what we wanted consistently

Yeah I think we dropped like 15-20 spots defensively from just this game haha. 96 points allowed on 76 possessions

Again, it was like the game in Chapel Hill. We scored just about every time we didn’t turn it over. Frustrating, but this team almost always plays to its level—every one of our ACC losses is to a team that is ahead of us in the league standings (save for the aforementioned loss at U*NC).

We are maddeningly close to being an NCAA Tournament team, but the bottom line is that we aren’t. At least not this year. But as the core of this team moves forward with another year or two to develop, and as we add some of the pieces that it looks like we may get, we will be. In fact, I think it is pretty likely that in a couple of years we will have a squad that looks pretty similar to what Miami ran out there today.

So Wednesday at 9 on Ballys. I see BC/Uva is at 7. Good job ACC.

I like Forbes, and agree he’s nowhere near the hot seat, but if Tony Bennett was in-game coaching this squad, we’d have won today and at least 4 more other games this year. Just saying.

And yes, I get that I’m cherry-picking the best coach in the league.

I’m coming with a few colleagues. We’ll probably go in a bit early for beers given that there is nowhere around there to easily have a beer/dinner. If boards folks want to meet for concourse beers pregame, lmk!
The Backyard Bistro is just to the southwest of the PNC Arena parking lot, and an easy 2 minute walk. You could get both a beer and dinner there.
www.backyardbistro.com

Thanks! I only head over there when we’re playing at State.
You can also park over by Bru's and get drinks and food there before the game. It's nothing to write home about, but you can park there for free and it's about a 10 min walk to PNC on the greenway so you can get out of paying the $20-$25 for parking or whatever they charge now.

Back