• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

The fact of the matter is that we need more bigs. When your SG is your second leading rebounder, it is a problem. We play two and sparingly three…if those other guys can make the floor, replace them!

Forbes short bench continues to kill us. You have to play more than 7-8 this deep in the season. Why can’t they make the fucking floor? That is the the true question!

Just got home from watching at sisters. All following points likely already made but I'll post the following before going to bed.

1.Team wilts on the road, no leadership.
2. Yet ND leader is a freshman guard who has career high. How often do we hear that? How tall is he?
3. Hunter was bumped and fouled.
4. Killer play. No call on a 5 step ND drive from the key and ball never touched the ground. Still they get opportune kick out for a made 3. That was the game. Get the ball there on a TO, we had a better chance.

Exactly. Forbes sticks with guys who just don’t have it. When Boopie is being pushed around you just need to shuffle him out because he is a net negative on both ends when he plays like that. Granted Parker had some open looks and missed them but he isn’t gonna miss all night is he? Same situation in Chapel Hill with Hildreth. You gotta recognize when someone is hurting the team.
Bingo. He’s way to slow to yank when everyone with 2 eyes can see it.

The fact of the matter is that we need more bigs. When your SG is your second leading rebounder, it is a problem. We play two and sparingly three…if those other guys can make the floor, replace them!

Forbes short bench continues to kill us. You have to play more than 7-8 this deep in the season. Why can’t they make the fucking floor? That is the the true question!
I'm like 95% sure Nova won a Natty with a 7 deep team and I've barely paid attention to college hoops since Bzzz 3rd year

Notre Dame's bench scored 0 points.

When Duke beat us their entire front court bench combined to play 4 minutes.

Pitt got 2 points in 14 minutes from their front court bench when they beat us.

It ain't the bench.

You get one free punch and Wellman, Redacted, and Danny are standing in front of you. Who you choosing?
Ron

And it isnt just one. His arrogance was out of control.

Bzzz, the fucking absolute ASSHOLE that he was, wasn't at fault for being hired

Danny, the fucking absolute deer-in-headlights-coach that he was, wasn't at fault for being hired. (I said it at the time, but I still don't understand, how in the HELL do you hire an inexperienced coach to try to drag a program out of a dumpster fire? Manning was set up to fail unless he was like Churchill or Alexander the Great good in terms of leadership.)

The answer is Wellman. Wellman's arrogance and ineptitude (after the bike accident) is what caused the decline in Wake Forest basketball. Don't @ me.

Last edited:
President Hatch because he was the puppeteer pulling Wellman’s strings.
Nothing I've heard suggested that Wellman didn't have full autonomy over the Athletic Department

So I don't agree with this opinion for even a moment

Winners win. Losers lose. What else can you say? Something about the name on that jersey makes you play tight and with zero poise at crucial times when it is needed most.

I hope Forbes' wife makes a full recovery and he gets some rest this summer. Come back next fall and reset. Something wasn't right this year. Just no excuse for how poorly we played on the road with our talent. Unforgiveable loss tonight.
And the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

I recall thinking during the game in Raleigh, “Jesus, Boopie and Sallis can’t even dribble tonight.” Then, tonight I watched Boopie flat out fall down while dribbling and Sallis dribble off his foot after a big-time rejection by Reid on the other end. Love these guys, but my god it’s hard to watch

Everyone knew this was a fucking trap game. Forbes knew it. The players knew it. And yet they find some way to post the first quad 4 loss of the season and possibly play their way out of the tournament.

I don’t understand how you can shit the bed this badly with so much on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not possibly played their way out of the NCAAT, the team is out.

Forbes has recruited some very good players and rolled out some fun teams but this will be 4 years without an NCAAT bid. I’m sure Currie will give him another year or two but it is apparent to me what we have and it’s not going to change.

If we’re left out of the dance I will have zero complaints. We’ve shown zero ability to win a significant road game and the damn tournament is essentially all “road games.”

Let’s just dominate the NIT in the friendly confines of the Joel! sarcasm

Not possibly played their way out of the NCAAT, the team is out.

Forbes has recruited some very good players and rolled out some fun teams but this will be 4 years without an NCAAT bid. I’m sure Currie will give him another year or two but it is apparent to me what we have and it’s not going to change.
These posts are so bad lol. ND is going to likely be a Q2 loss, not Q4.

And the team is not out. If we finish 3-0 we’re certainly in and will have a decent seed. 2-1 and it’s very likely we’re in, with a chance to add to the resume in DC.

Everyone is pissed, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.

Out? Please. Even Lunardi still has Wake in the last four byes per his comments tonight. Quad 2 loss, which sucks, but not a bubble buster.

Back