• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

Those that think we don’t need depth, Who is our backup PG? Oh yeah, our starting SG or SF! If Carr and Reid have foul trouble who is our low post option? Our starting SG or SF!

Forbes loves his wings, but you can’t fill a team of them and play 3-4 exclusively!

Stubbed our toe? We fucking shot ourselves in both feet multiple times with as powerful a handgun there is, then just decided to cut our legs off at the knees afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

127 Hours, but we sawed the wrong one.

Also:

"Wellman, no doubt. It’s not the others’ fault they were hired for jobs for which they were not qualified."

I will gladly contribute towards this campaign.

Last edited:
Not the end of the world, I guess. But damn this sucks. Keep winning and we’re in but really would’ve been nice to have this one. Or NC State. Or FSU.

Go to a game. Watch him. All he does most of the game is lumber down the sidelines. His assistants call all the plays and do 90% of in-game coaching. He just is not an in-game coach. And it’s sad because he has everything else. But without that key skill, he can’t bring us an acc or ncaa title. And titles are my standard. We’re the only Big Four school left without a title. Making the ncaa is no longer good enough. He’s done a great job of turning the program around for which we all are grateful. But now let’s see how good the AD hire was. Can he be the AD who finally will find us our young Coach K, young Dean, young Valvano? Does he have what it takes to begin and successfully accomplish that talent search.
Hard to argue this and Efton's repeated bad fouls especially when he is repeatedly running around the perimeter like he is MJ constantly trying to pick a smaller guys pocket or regularly bodying guys 27 feet away from the rim is baffling as should be some simple yanking him out of the game and directing him and does not appear to be happening at all or when we turn into bad new bears on the road and turning the ball over like it is a hot potato over and over. Was glad for Duke win but also felt pretty predictable we would lose both road games and then Clemson at home to put us right back to outside the tourney. REally hope I'm wrong.

So predictable. This is on Forbes for every reason you can think of....... Pull off the bandaid with one good tug, and let's get a fuckin coach!!!!!

Fire everyone!! Down to the student managers!!

We'll be fine yall. Season aint over yet

Of course I wake up this morning to see we lost, yep so damn predictable. This team doesn’t deserve the dance, if they don’t have the stones to go on the road and win games they should win. Looks like another 2nd half collapse. But hey, in the NIT we get home games so maybe we win a few and get to the Garden at least.

I understand that losses like this happen on the road in college basketball but this is the 5th or 6th time that we have lost in this fashion this year. It’s very concerning that they haven’t learned from this yet so far this year. Efton picks up 3 fouls in 3 mins to start the second half, then they go on the run to take the lead with him out. He is so damn important to this team. Just the same mistakes over and over again.

I understand that losses like this happen on the road in college basketball but this is the 5th or 6th time that we have lost in this fashion this year. It’s very concerning that they haven’t learned from this yet so far this year. Efton picks up 3 fouls in 3 mins to start the second half, then they go on the run to take the lead with him out. He is so damn important to this team. Just the same mistakes over and over again.
It's habitual with this team. Yeah, we won at Ga. Tech, but honestly that was more about them having an historically bad shooting first half than us. Anybody doubt we'd beat ND at home by 25+, no, then we should be able to beat them on the road. Look at Pitt, we get dominated up there in the 2nd half and 2 weeks later, obliterate them at home. We'd lose to Cuse at the Dome I have no doubt, even though we beat there brains in at home. We are decent, not good. A good team goes on the road and wins "most" of the games against teams they should beat. Like was posted earlier, yeah it's going to happen at times, but it happens time and time again to us. We got what, one more shot, at a decent road win at Va. Tech. If we don't win that one, I'm perfectly fine with missing the dance, don't deserve it.

Hope the loss stays Q2. Can’t play Boopie in crunch time if he’s a choker at the FT line

Just waking up to continue feeling miserable that this wasn’t a dream. My kids were like afraid to discuss this with me this morning at breakfast which shows how bad this loss really is. I think we ruined our season.

Just waking up to continue feeling miserable that this wasn’t a dream. My kids were like afraid to discuss this with me this morning at breakfast which shows how bad this loss really is. I think we ruined our season.
Best decision I've made is to not watch 9pm games, since this time of year I get to the office by 7am. Went to bed before 10 and fresh this morning. Had I watched the game, up until 11 watching, awake until who knows when pissed that we lost and I'm a zombie this morning.

It's habitual with this team. Yeah, we won at Ga. Tech, but honestly that was more about them having an historically bad shooting first half than us. Anybody doubt we'd beat ND at home by 25+, no, then we should be able to beat them on the road. Look at Pitt, we get dominated up there in the 2nd half and 2 weeks later, obliterate them at home. We'd lose to Cuse at the Dome I have no doubt, even though we beat there brains in at home. We are decent, not good. A good team goes on the road and wins "most" of the games against teams they should beat. Like was posted earlier, yeah it's going to happen at times, but it happens time and time again to us. We got what, one more shot, at a decent road win at Va. Tech. If we don't win that one, I'm perfectly fine with missing the dance, don't deserve it.
Yeah it’s like clockwork with this team on the road. They kept taking and missing jump shots in the second half and there was no adjustment. We’re the #3 ranked free throw shooting team in the country and we don’t try to get inside to the basket to atleast get to the line.

LOL. This team is remarkably predictable if anything. Win at home. Lose to anybody on any given day on the road.

They're cooked. We can do all the math we want and say well if we win out and win an ACCT game, but that's not happening. This is a 12 loss team in a shitty conference who just lost to a Q4 team, which more than negates the Duke win. We will be sitting at home again. Forbes needs to do something in this offseason to address the remarkable lack of mental and physical toughness. That starts with the portal. We should have some kids transferring out to free up some space. A good ol' fashioned bruising PF would do this team a lot of good.
I missed the game but recorded to view today. After reading all these comments one thing is obvious. Our inability to finish off road games will keep us out of the tournament. Agree with many who feel Forbes desperately needs an in game strategist to direct the team especially in 2nd half. In Forbes defense he has extraneous issues with his wife and now his mother. Everyone on this board would be distracted by this. Currie needs to take charge and get/develop another in game coach. Forbes has an excellent eye for NIL talent but much of tonight’s issues from the reports on this board comes down to Preparation and Execution!

Really really tough night. Embarrassed to come into the office this morning after talking about the deacs the last few days. This team just doesn't have it on the road. I don't know what it is, but I'd change everything. They go a day before the game, I'd go day of. I'd eat breakfast for dinner, I don't care what they do, change something. To me, this is the most disappointing loss of the season.

Now, it did not ruin the season. We still have the tourney in our sights, but it made the margin a whole hell of a lot slimmer. That idiot Cam will tell you it doesn't matter etc, but it does. It has a ripple effect on the next 4 games. If we lose at VT, I think there is a very real chance we will have played our way out. A win vs GT wont help, and a home win vs Clemson will become a necessity but I wouldn't even full comfy then. We need to win the next 4 games to feel comfortable, which sucks. So yes, even though it didn't take us out, it matters. We had built ourselves up so much but if we're on the bubble the committee has the easiest justification for leaving us out of probably any team there. That matters.

Yeah it’s like clockwork with this team on the road. They kept taking and missing jump shots in the second half and there was no adjustment. We’re the #3 ranked free throw shooting team in the country and we don’t try to get inside to the basket to atleast get to the line.
they have to blow the whistle when you do that.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back