• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

Unseen victim from last night’s loss is those of us who wanted to troll Duke people on X tonight when Filipowski inevitably starts as normal
duke fans are psyched about the loss. The love this idea of the "duke hangover". Surprised DR hasn't tried to get some run out of it yet. The reality is we struggled to adjust against a team full of tough players playing good defense after playing the stay puff marshmallow men this weekend.

I don't really have a problem with the end of game coaching. Hunter got a great look and he's your best player.

My bigger issue was with the run ND went on when we couldn't score. The whole game felt like our biggest advantage was with our big men. And Reid and Carr didn't get enough looks during that drought. Looked at stats, Reid was 4-5 for 12 points and 10 boards. Incredibly efficient. Carr was 5-9 for 12 points. Those guys needed more opportunities during the drought.

Also, Cam got lit the eff up last night. For being our best defender, man, he got smoked.
We fell in love with the three there for awhile. Again.

Meh. We took 9 threes in the 2nd half before Carr hit the meaningless one with 3 seconds left.

Of those 9, we made 1. Shot selection wise:

Sallis: Open, contested but late. Trying to get the 2nd half started quickly.
Boopie: Made it, wide open in transition. The only make of the half.
Hildreth: Decent look on a switch that Carr rebounded but missed the put-back.
Boopie: Contested 3, not a great shot.
Parker: Nobody near him, can't be more open.
Monsanto: Off an offensive rebound kickout, wide open.
Parker: Wide Open perfectly in rhythm.
(5:30 no threes stretch, we scored 2 points in those minutes)
Sallis: The one truly bad 3 airball contested
Carr: Wide open uncontested

Those are the 9. One wasn't great, another was bad. 7 were either very open or completely undefended. We shot 11% on those looks.

You have to take good shots and make them to win basketball games. We did the first part but not the second.

Last night was the first I'd heard an announcer mention Hunter as a 1st round draft pick. Prior to last night I'd just been enjoying (most of) the ride, not really thinking about years beyond 2024. But I sure hope Hunter comes back! We'd have quite a solid team although Carr will be very missed.

Carr still has another season of eligibility if he elects to use it.

That is unless the Oklahoma Kid (elc) uses his considerable clout and withholds NIL funds from Forbes until he pulls Carr's scholly.

Last night was the first I'd heard an announcer mention Hunter as a 1st round draft pick. Prior to last night I'd just been enjoying (most of) the ride, not really thinking about years beyond 2024. But I sure hope Hunter comes back! We'd have quite a solid team although Carr will be very missed.

Does Carr have another year of eligibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was just a devastating loss. Just don’t understand how the guys weren’t ready to play this game, given what was at stake.

A lot can and will happen before, next year's roster comes together, but presently, there's a better chance Carr returns (he has another year of eligibility left, but he could also go pro, not the NBA, or even transfer again) than Sallis (who is drawing a lot of NBA interest). Also, let's pull the reigns back on the thought that an NIL offer can keep Sallis at WF if he's a projected first rounder. First round draft picks almost always leave these days. It's not just an issue as to whether a collective can match late-first round money, it's that for every NBA player the big contract is the 2nd contract, and delaying the end of the rookie contract is almost never in the player's interest (this analysis only applies if the player is a definite first round pick). Also, the NBA evaluates players on age. Younger players are almost always viewed as having the higher ceiling and more draft value.

Last edited:
Yep - And the feels also say that Wake leads the nation in "the failing to secure a defensive rebound in a crucial situation after playing decent defense that immediately leads to points for the opposing team and shifts momentum" stat.

The NCAA really needs to look into adding this one to the official statistic toolbox.

We definitely lead the nation in this stat. Feels like this happens all the time. Or either we play great defense for 27 seconds and then a guy gets loose for an easy shot with 2-3 seconds left on the shot clock.

yeah, i think Carr is definitely a better shot of returning than Sallis. i don't think Carr will get many looks because he is slow laterally and just would not be able to guard the 3, 4 or 5 in the NBA (without putting on more weight at WFU ;) ). Sallis has a shot at the 1st round, it is not a strong draft and i saw a mock with him in the 20s...but last night did not help him at all. what he has going for him is that he was a 5* guy and finally got his chance this year, so i think NBA sees upside.

i hope they both return...my concern is continuously playing 7 or 8 of 13 players on a team. if those on the bottom can't get minutes, time to replace them and let them try somewhere else.

Been watching replay. At the 17:50 mark we had a nine point cushion. At the 12:30 mark ND took their first 2nd half lead. Our shots did not fall, sloppy ball handling, and some questionable no calls hurt. In every away game we lost, seems like Wake could not execute. Cam needs to play more with his head up on his drives to the basket as there are frequently opportunities to pass to a team mate. Frustrating and Saturday is do or die.

duke fans are psyched about the loss. The love this idea of the "duke hangover". Surprised DR hasn't tried to get some run out of it yet. The reality is we struggled to adjust against a team full of tough players playing good defense after playing the stay puff marshmallow men this weekend.
Wake Forest will not play at Notre Dame again for 10 years.

These posts are so bad lol. ND is going to likely be a Q2 loss, not Q4.

And the team is not out. If we finish 3-0 we’re certainly in and will have a decent seed. 2-1 and it’s very likely we’re in, with a chance to add to the resume in DC.

Everyone is pissed, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.

In my defense, I am ridiculous and should never be taken seriously. I'm still pissed though, that part is serious.

Put Boopie at the FT line at the end of practice and make the team run gassers until he makes 10 straight

Need to stop the pattern of him missing FTs late in games
Forbes never has team practice FTs in practices.

A lot can and will happen before, next year's roster comes together, but presently, there's a better chance Carr returns (he has another year of eligibility left, but he could also go pro, not the NBA, or even transfer again) than Sallis (who is drawing a lot of NBA interest). Also, let's pull the reigns back on the thought that an NIL offer can keep Sallis at WF if he's a projected first rounder. First round draft picks almost always leave these days. It's not just an issue as to whether a collective can match late-first round money, it's that for every NBA player the big contract is the 2nd contract, and delaying the end of the rookie contract is almost never in the player's interest (this analysis only applies if the player is a definite first round pick). Also, the NBA evaluates players on age. Younger players are almost always viewed as having the higher ceiling and more draft value.
Hunter and his mother LOVE Wake, but I don't think there's much of a chance of him coming back.

Nothing at all we can/should do that we aren't, just the NBA is where he needs to go. Especially if he's getting 1st round grades.

I have not read all prior comments and I apologize if the following has been discussed.

Does anybody know why in Hades, Damari was in front of the Notre Dame bench and apparently jawing at them at the end of the first half?

Back