• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

Cam was good tonight. But he could not stay with Burton.
Sorry but we must've watched two different games. Cam was literally the only guy on the team that could stay with Burton. There's a reason they were setting moving screens on him every possession.

The bulk of Burton's points came either at the free throw line or after Cam had switched off of him. He was cooking Boopie, Hunter and Parker all game long. Cam's defence on him was solid.

Has there ever been a season where the fanbase feels like we played to or above our potential? Since 1999, I’m going to say maybe 2003 season, although we flamed* out post-season even then.
1984 Sweet Sixteen victory over #1 seed Depaul followed by a close loss to Akeem led Houston in the Elite 8. 1977 Elite 8 including a win over 26-1 Arkansas team led by Sidney Moncrief, Marvin Delph, Ron Brewer

They are right that it probably doesn’t do much damage. Even Lunardi admitted as much. The bigger issue is whether everyone is just going to be satisfied by making the tournament. Personally, I’d like to have a chance once we get there but I see no way this team wins a game outside the Joel.
Oh yeah I get that 100%, but at some point you have to win the games, which is what you have to do to advance in the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

We don’t lose by 20 on the road though. We lose (generally speaking) by 2-4.

Super Stubborn Steve Forbes or we just don't have enough dudes?

1. Forbes on developing a bench (gee, a guy off the bench scoring 7-8 points last night is all we needed). We need a spark off the bench imo. Any spark. Maybe a walk-on for defense? Clark for defense? Anything. We probably have 2 more road wins right now, if we had any bench production whatsoever.

- "Why would I do that? Develop a bench? I am just trying to get the starters ready to play."

Watching PFred and 3-M, it seems like both could give us something. Anything. Defense, hustle? Marsh has been awful, Ituka done, Clark looks athletic, Canka looked decent, Monsanto has 0 mobility, so I guess none of them are ready.

Last night, I put a more physical guy (Sallis, Clark?) on Markus Burton, who we made look like Immanuel Quickley or Cam Sexton or some NBA ready PG.

2. Now, Steve's other super-stubborn stance on free throws, to his credit, he's making that work - we lead the league in FT%.

I don't agree with him at all on that, but it's working. We simply never practice free throws. Do that in your individual workouts (in a cozy, quiet gym, with zero of the distractions you face in a game). But it works, somehow.

Aaron Clark has played 7 minutes since December 18th, a total of 17 minutes on the season, he has not played a meaningful minute this season and the recommendation is that WF insert him in the middle of tight game to cover the ACC Freshman of the year?

Burton reminded me of Blake Wesley going off at Wake two years ago. Glad we got PFred from them. Him, Burton, and Booth would have been a nice class.

2. Now, Steve's other super-stubborn stance on free throws, to his credit, he's making that work - we lead the league in FT%.
Underselling it quite a bit here, Wake Forest is 2nd in the nation at 80.2% on FTs. If you’re complaining about overall FT shooting this year, you need to reevaluate what you are talking about

Aaron Clark has played 7 minutes since December 18th, a total of 17 minutes on the season, he has not played a meaningful minute this season and the recommendation is that WF insert him in the middle of tight game to cover the ACC Freshman of the year?

Yes - The ogboards.com post-loss tacticians truly are in a class by themselves

Sorry but we must've watched two different games. Cam was literally the only guy on the team that could stay with Burton. There's a reason they were setting moving screens on him every possession.

The bulk of Burton's points came either at the free throw line or after Cam had switched off of him. He was cooking Boopie, Hunter and Parker all game long. Cam's defence on him was solid.

At crunch time Cam got knocked off of Burton a couple of times, mainly moving picks uncalled. The fact that Burton had a career high by definition says no one stayed with him.

Was shocked to see Wake actually outrebounded ND on the offensive glass 10-9.

But the points off turnovers sealed the deal as ND was +6 in a 5 point game.

The fact that Burton had a career high by definition says no one stayed with him.
No it doesn't, what it says by definition is that he got more points this game than he has in any other game so far (during his enormous 20ish game career), it says absolutely nothing about how or why he got those points.

And if you're agreeing that the way Burton was creating space against Cam was because of illegal screens then how can you possibly say that's Cam's fault for playing bad D? Like if you're gonna come out with nonsense at least make it make sense.

Last edited:
Underselling it quite a bit here, Wake Forest is 2nd in the nation at 80.2% on FTs. If you’re complaining about overall FT shooting this year, you need to reevaluate what you are talking about
Lol c'mon folks were barking for going zone against Duke. People will argue anything.

No it doesn't, what it says by definition is that he got more points this game than he has in any other game so far (during his enormous 20ish game career), it says absolutely nothing about how or why he got those points.

And if you're agreeing that the way Burton was creating space against Cam was because of illegal screens then how can you possibly say that's Cam's fault for playing bad D? Like if you're gonna come out with nonsense at least make it make sense.
Who are Cams fucking mom? I didn’t say he was bad, he/the team did NOT get it done in D. By definition BAD. Cam is a warrior, both can be true.

Who are Cams fucking mom? I didn’t say he was bad, he/the team did NOT get it done in D. By definition BAD. Cam is a warrior, both can be true.
Bro what are you even talking about? Why would I know who Cam's mum is and what does that have to do with anything?

Whoa...obviously it felt different. Might be because ND racked up multiple OR on one possession multiple times so it just felt worse.

Yep - And the feels also say that Wake leads the nation in "the failing to secure a defensive rebound in a crucial situation after playing decent defense that immediately leads to points for the opposing team and shifts momentum" stat.

The NCAA really needs to look into adding this one to the official statistic toolbox.

Whoa...obviously it felt different. Might be because ND racked up multiple OR on one possession multiple times so it just felt worse.
This happens once or twice in the second half of all our losses and it is when Reid is on the bench.

Yep - And the feels also say that Wake leads the nation in "the failing to secure a defensive rebound in a crucial situation after playing decent defense that immediately leads to points for the opposing team and shifts momentum" stat.

The NCAA really needs to look into adding this one to the official statistic toolbox.

Few things are more draining to a defense than playing great for 30 seconds and watching a long heave ricochet right back into the hands of the offense.

Unseen victim from last night’s loss is those of us who wanted to troll Duke people on X tonight when Filipowski inevitably starts as normal

Back