• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 29 - @ VT - Saturday - 5:30 - CW

But it’s not a home-road thing. It’s a road second half thing. The home team starts to play harder and we just disintegrate.
I see what you're saying but at the end of the day a road loss is a road loss. I guess it makes us feel a little better to say we were ahead at the half. It defies logic that a team can be that bad consistently in the 2nd half and let the home team just blow them out

These last two games have just ripped our hearts out... I can only imagine how the team and coaches feel, and they're hurting 100 times more than us. I LOVE this team and Coach. It's amazing to me that Coach Forbes is able to not only get talented players but dudes that are just such nice guys. They all seem to gel and get along. That has been consistent since Forbes has arrived on campus. They are a lot of fun to watch (except on the road) and are right there for the tourney but then fall a game short. We need some magic!

I wish Coach had answers for the collapses but it's just damn hard to win away games. Now, the pressure just seems too immense. Guys are playing too tight forcing action and trying their best to make plays on D but are losing discipline and not maintaining their assignments...

Another factor on the road for all are the refs. Just look at tonight, the refs get caught up in the emotion and played a big part in the swing of the game. Not saying we lost due to them, but they put us in a much deeper hole. The missed an obvious tech on VT's coach and then give T to Efton, at a key point in the game. I would have hoped they would shown the same patience to both teams. But, they follow it up with the travel call on a 3 point play. And, it's game over.

I'm not giving up hope as I know these guys can play with anyone, but we need to find that next gear and they need to pull together, not apart.

I’m sure the press availability will be posted and we’ll be able to see exactly what Forbes said (and exactly what was asked), but those two tweets really convey things differently.

These last two games have just ripped our hearts out... I can only imagine how the team and coaches feel, and they're hurting 100 times more than us. I LOVE this team and Coach. It's amazing to me that Coach Forbes is able to not only get talented players but dudes that are just such nice guys. They all seem to gel and get along. That has been consistent since Forbes has arrived on campus. They are a lot of fun to watch (except on the road) and are right there for the tourney but then fall a game short. We need some magic!

I wish Coach had answers for the collapses but it's just damn hard to win away games. Now, the pressure just seems too immense. Guys are playing too tight forcing action and trying their best to make plays on D but are losing discipline and not maintaining their assignments...

Another factor on the road for all are the refs. Just look at tonight, the refs get caught up in the emotion and played a big part in the swing of the game. Not saying we lost due to them, but they put us in a much deeper hole. The missed an obvious tech on VT's coach and then give T to Efton, at a key point in the game. I would have hoped they would shown the same patience to both teams. But, they follow it up with the travel call on a 3 point play. And, it's game over.

I'm not giving up hope as I know these guys can play with anyone, but we need to find that next gear and they need to pull together, not apart.
You might be too even keeled for this board.

Ha ha!! I haven't even started drinking, yet. Believe me I was losing my shit an hour ago, but will wait until Selection Sunday to go fully into depression mode.

I wish Forbes would anticipate the other coach making half time adjustments when we did so well in the first half. Do exactly opposite of what was working in the first half. Catch them off balance in their adjustments for the first 3 minutes and see what happens.

I wish Forbes would anticipate the other coach making half time adjustments when we did so well in the first half. Do exactly opposite of what was working in the first half. Catch them off balance in their adjustments for the first 3 minutes and see what happens.
Worth a shot. Do something totally different; come out in a zone, come out pressing, do something to jolt the guys out of their start-of-the-second-half lull/mental lockdown.

I missed the game; commitment. Checked the score at half and we were up by 9. Solid; no way we do a repeat performance like South Bend. Then the final. We lose by 11. I have no f’in idea what happened, how it happened. Frankly I don’t give a shit. I’m just f’in done with this Team. I’ve been a huge Forbes supporter and maybe after a few days I’ll review the stats and the film and feel differently. But for now I’ve had it. I’ve watched my last 2024 Wake B’ball game. Something has to change. Another year and we’ll be lucky if we get an NIT bid and I don’t do the NIT’s. So pissed.

Two VaTech players tonight outscored Sallis's last two games combined.

There's nothing else really to say. He didn't even shoot a free throw tonight.

This team has no identity because nobody knows who our go-to player is. Easy problem to solve at home, hard problem to solve on the road. Even if we win the next two, I don't see us winning an ACC tourney game or a first round NCAA game. It doesn't matter what "adjustments" are made. Sallis outscored some dude name Mylajeyalaya Poteat by 2 in the second half tonight. If we're gonna call him 2nd to RJ Davis in the ACC player of the year race his disappearance in 2 huge road games can't be shuffled away with "oh our coach should have done more strategy" nonsense.

Didn’t like Forbes interview with Stan. He threw the players under the bus, but then realized what it sounded like and then took the blame— sounded way to coachspeak .

I hope Damari didn’t aggravate his injury, but that would at least explain his frustration. On the other hand, if selfishness and self-absorption got him benched, then he really boned Marion into minutes that he isn’t ready for today
As thin as this teams depth is, it’s odd he stopped playing a couple of guys.

Back