• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 29 - @ VT - Saturday - 5:30 - CW

On if there’s anything he can share with us on Damari Monsanto not playing
Forbes: “I mean that's my decision really. We need help at that position. We haven't got a lot of quality help out of it. He hadn't practiced in a couple days and so I'm not going to play him when he's not practicing. He says his knee hurts. And so he didn't do any reps on Thursday and Friday, so I'm not playing him. And Marcus did fine. Marcus did exactly what we needed him to do.”

So Damari didn't play because basically he didn't practice this week because of medical issues.
Forbes: “His knee, he told me his knee hurt. Okay, that's all I know. And so he didn't get any reps on Thursday and Friday. We kept moving. I played Marcus. I was going to play Marcus anyway because we weren't getting much help out of that, out of that position. And Andrew can't play 40 minutes. He's got to play low thirties and so he needs rest and we weren't getting a lot out of that. And so I was going to go that way anyway. But he just made my decision a heck of a lot easier.”

It must be asked, has Forbes lost this team? A player who has contributed some timely 3 pointers down the stretch doesn't play, sends out odd social media posts, and we get differing answers/reasons/excuses. A star player who is rightfully getting NBA attention, has back to back awful games where is basically a ghost. And once again the team blows a 1st half lead and totally shits the bed during the 2nd half of a road game. Such a weird damn day and game

Last edited:
Maybe there’s drama between Damari and Sallis? Probably not as the team chemistry has seemed solid all year.

Forbes’ inability to emotionally rein in an elite shooter, who he recruited and has had 4 years with, is worrisome. And I haven’t liked the way he’s approached it with the media now 2 years in a row. His players love him, but perhaps he runs too loose of a program until he feels you’ve crossed him.

It better be or it will be time for Forbes to go.
And unfortunately a team without 1st team all ACCer Hunter Sallis is going to struggle worse unless he can do some more portal magic. Just not seeing it.

And unfortunately a team without 1st team all ACCer Hunter Sallis is going to struggle worse unless he can do some more portal magic. Just not seeing it.
I mean he’s gotten a first team All ACC player the last 3 years in the portal. Why not 4?

I mean he’s gotten a first team All ACC player the last 3 years in the portal. Why not 4?

I am starting to think that he can keep repeating the guard success when I was once initially skeptical. But now the problem is that hasn’t translated to enough wins.

It must be asked, has Forbes lost this team? A player who has contributed some timely 3 pointers down the stretch doesn't play, sends out odd social media posts, and we get differing answers/reasons/excuses. A star player who is rightfully getting NBA attention, has back to back awful games where is basically a ghost. And once again the team blows a 1st half lead and totally shits the bed during the 2nd half of a road game. Such a weird damn day and game
Sounds like he may have lost damari but sure the rest of the team would go through a wall for him but problem is they aren’t confident and you have to believe your coach knows what he is doing and is setting you up for best chance to win and we are definitely in trouble now as team doesn’t have a confident leader and one that is just walking the sideline with no real plan or scheme to try and mix things up and just feeds playing scared and tight and not cohesive at all on either side of the court.

Sounds like he may have lost damari but sure the rest of the team would go through a wall for him but problem is they aren’t confident and you have to believe your coach knows what he is doing and is setting you up for best chance to win and we are definitely in trouble now as team doesn’t have a confident leader and one that is just walking the sideline with no real plan or scheme to try and mix things up and just feeds playing scared and tight and not cohesive at all on either side of the court.
Jesus Christ, that’s a long fucking sentence.

I’d also like to point out how predictable our defense is. Because we refuse to do anything different, all a team has to do is run ball screens to get separation until there’s enough space to get a switch or an open shot. I’m a fan of man D, but we overemphasize guarding the ball and our spacing suffers as a result. It’s super obvious.
True. Watched SC against FL today and we’re getting beat bad in first half. Went to a 1-3-1 in 2nd half & slowed Gators down enough to come back for a win.

Monsanto hasn’t been shooting well in recent games, and didn’t practice coming into the game, apparently because his knee has been sore.

Makes enough sense he didn’t play IMO. Could there be more something more worrisome to the story? Sure, but doesn’t seem necessary to assume so.

That's a helluva sentence.

Back