• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT 2nd Round - GT/ND - D.C. - Wednesday 2:30 - ESPN

I guess it's semantics but you cannot "move" while setting a screen if the screen then causes contact and delays the opponent from reaching a spot they're trying to go.
That is correct on the part of the screener. They should be set. Screens by their nature are going to cause contact and sometimes really hard contact as the defender runs in to the screen. Basketball is a contact sport whereas football is a collision sport. Where the defender then gets his foul is if he pushes thru the screen, thus making his contact illegal.

Tomorrow feels like an NCAAT play in game. Huge game. Come out with the same fire tomorrow and we win.
I think it's a "play in" game where media talks it up and the loser is absolutely out. But the winner still needs to beat UNC or be really close (if you're Wake) or it's nothing.

Pitt needs to beat Wake AND UNC. And they may need to win the tourney. I think beating Wake and UNC for two Q1s may be enough.

Wake beating Pitt and playing UNC close is as coin flip as you get. We need to pull for teams around us to shit the bed.

We are all Depaul right now. Death to Nova

I think what the Reff was trying to say in way too many words was "Refs never miss a call involving a screener, so stop complaining" ;)
Not what I said at all. I think they allow far too many illegal screens by both us (Reid & Carr today for instance) and most other teams with all these motion offenses. Offensive player setting the screen just can’t run into the defender, nor chicken wing or throw knees out.

Not what I said at all. I think they allow far too many illegal screens by both us (Reid & Carr today for instance) and most other teams with all these motion offenses. Offensive player setting the screen just can’t run into the defender, nor chicken wing or throw knees out.
Can't ever just let it go as a normal post. Always have to throw Wake under the bus.

"Reid and Carr today"

Read the audience man.

Sallis has zero confidence. 2 for his last 11 with one an easy layup. Missed his last two free throws. He's mentally broken.
Wrong, Irish tightened their defense and the object was Sallis, no open and unrushed shots after 10 minute mark in 1st half and through rest of game. Expect same defense tomorrow so other guys have to step up and take some of pressure off him which they did today. Any tournament win is move on to next one with all hands pulling together.

I think it's a "play in" game where media talks it up and the loser is absolutely out. But the winner still needs to beat UNC or be really close (if you're Wake) or it's nothing.
+1. But what happens to other bubble teams will make a difference. It would be VERY helpful if some of the other bubble teams lose their first or second tourney games.

Deacs with a buzzer to buzzer win. The story is the outstanding effort on defense. Notre Dame got no easy shots and were held to 20% from the field, 0% from 3 in the second half. Carr with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Miller led the team with 17 points and chipped in 7 boards. Sallis added 14 and Hildreth with 10. In 43 minutes the bench added 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocked shots. Everyone busted their ass on D.

BTW, this is a 20 win team. 40 more minutes of sitting on the edge of your seat tomorrow.

This was exactly what we needed…today. On to tomorrow. Beat Pitt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back