• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: Cuse Again -- ACCT @ The Greensboro Coliseum -- Wednesday Noon - ESPN

I mean... Kinda? We hit some 3's that were open mostly in transition to build that lead thanks to like 11 consecutive stops (and frankly some really bad misses by Syracuse) - then as Forbes said twice that Bobi three was down and somehow spun out - started a run of something like 8 consecutive missed threes (and I think 6 by Daivien).

As Forbes also said, it's tricky for this team - do you tell Daivien not to take a wide open 3? Tyree was in the corner and literally left alone as both Syracuse defenders dropped to the paint - should he not take that shot? After Bobi's 3 at the 7 minute mark, the only Wake player to score within our half court offense was Hildreth.

To me that game looked like great coaching with some long stretches of really poor execution and we won anyway. A team that start Tyree/Williamson/Cam is simply never going to defend the 3 well - there's no coaching that can fix how small we have to play.
If I recall this moment correctly, Tyree could have set himself for this shot, but instead fell off to his left toward the baseline. He was open, so I didn't see any reason for it. We should always take open shots, but we shouldn't needlessly increase their degree of difficulty.

Different three, earlier in the half. Tyree replaced Daivien in the top corner and the defense got confused and left him. He basically had all day to stand there, measure the 3, and took a set shot. But missed it.

I was getting so frustrated early on when Bell was draining 3s and we were clanging our wide open looks.

Back