• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: Cuse Again -- ACCT @ The Greensboro Coliseum -- Wednesday Noon - ESPN

We're so easy to hate on Cam but he's still a sophomore. Still think he's a hell of a player and will continue developing into something really special just like Bobi
He played the best defense today by any guard I’ve seen at WF since LD Williams. He was in Girard’s jock strap the whole game. At the end of the game, Forbes put him on Mintz, which forced the pass to Girard.

He played the best defense today by any guard I’ve seen at WF since LD Williams. He was in Girard’s jock strap the whole game. At the end of the game, Forbes put him on Mintz, which forced the pass to Girard.
Sounds like he should be guarding Wong tomorrow.

his ability to move his feet and his hands "agreeing" with his movement is pretty spectacular. He doesn't really give an easy avenue for his man on the ball.
LD was wonderful at that too.

I was in line getting food after the game when UNC fan began asking me about #2. He said he’s a tough player, had played well vs the Heels and of course in the last 5 minutes today. Agreeing, I said I’ve been his biggest fan all season. Yes, I Told the big lie. Then, the beginning of the UNC-VT game, the WF players began filling in seats in the row behind me. Hildreth was sitting almost directly behind me. Thankfully, it didn’t appear that he knew I am WFU22FAN.

I was in line getting food after the game when UNC fan began asking me about #2. He said he’s a tough player, had played well vs the Heels and of course in the last 5 minutes today. Agreeing, I said I’ve been his biggest fan all season. Yes, I Told the big lie. Then, the beginning of the UNC-VT game, the WF players began filling in seats in the row behind me. Hildreth was sitting almost directly behind me. Thankfully, it didn’t appear that he knew I am WFU22FAN.
Or WFU11FAN, depending on where one hangs out.

forbes teams seem to play to their opponent

i've noticed a trend of giving up leads and/or not closing out games strong

don't worry

he likely doesn't care who the fuck you are. you aren't important to him. so relax.

and yes, I realize your post was tongue-in-cheek, but it was still lame.

Had a lab from 12-2. Tried to catch the replay while avoiding spoilers, but of course I can't access it on ESPN without passing the big red headline BOEHEIM OUT AFTER 47 YEARS, although the explainer below it about how the announcement came hours after he said he wasn't sure of his fate almost made the spoiler worth it. Maybe I've been a jinx the whole time-I think I missed the GT game we won in the 2007 tournament as well. If we lose tomorrow, feel free to blame me-got a wide open gap between classes, so I'll be watching.

forbes teams seem to play to their opponent

i've noticed a trend of giving up leads and/or not closing out games strong
This is probably my biggest concern. Obviously beyond thrilled with the win and the ending was nothing if not exciting. But we were up 12 fairly late and let them come all the way back to take the lead. The game should have been over.

This is probably my biggest concern. Obviously beyond thrilled with the win and the ending was nothing if not exciting. But we were up 12 fairly late and let them come all the way back to take the lead. The game should have been over.
We were also down by double digits. This was a game of runs. No lead OR deficit is safe (but the trend is a little Concerning)

Agree with the inability to put away inferior opponents, but I don't think that's a Forbes issue. I just think that's a reflection of where we are in the turnaround and the lack of depth on the roster.

It is frustrating that we rarely (if ever) put together a strong effort for the entire 40 minutes. I think that issue goes away with a deeper rotation and not having to play guys like Appleby for 40 minutes. Even Cam & Andrew played ~32mpg.

We were also down by double digits. This was a game of runs. No lead OR deficit is safe (but the trend is a little Concerning)
True, great work hanging around and giving ourselves the opportunity after a rough start.

Agree with the inability to put away inferior opponents, but I don't think that's a Forbes issue. I just think that's a reflection of where we are in the turnaround and the lack of depth on the roster.
Also think it's a reflection of where college basketball is. Lots of parity

Yeah we overcame a 22-10 deficit and surrendered a 54-42 lead. It seems like no matter where we are in the scoreboard, we trend back towards a tie ballgame. Been that way all year.

We have a hard time holding onto big leads because we don't work the shot clock well. Any time we try and slow down we end up taking a bad shot and usually leads to being out of sorts getting back on defense. Forbes said as much in the post game yesterday. Combine that with streaky shooting, lack of strong post play, and poor defense and there you go.

We must lead the league in number of wide open uncontested three point shots allowed.

We have a hard time holding onto big leads because we don't work the shot clock well. Any time we try and slow down we end up taking a bad shot and usually leads to being out of sorts getting back on defense. Forbes said as much in the post game yesterday. Combine that with streaky shooting, lack of strong post play, and poor defense and there you go.

We must lead the league in number of wide open uncontested three point shots allowed.

This is true... Especially against a team like Syracuse. We did better when we pushed it and they couldn't set up the zone. We then had a stretch where some 3s didn't fall, but they were all kill shots and pretty wide open. Then, the game got a little closer and we started to slow it down... And Syracuse started playing better defense again in the halfcourt 2-3 zone AND we also stepped on our dicks a few time when they extended to full court pressure.

The frenetic up and down pace when we were up 8-12 points was fine with me because Cuse doesn't want to play that way. And that's how a number of their recent games went off the rails. But we stopped making shots and the wheels fell off.

I mean... Kinda? We hit some 3's that were open mostly in transition to build that lead thanks to like 11 consecutive stops (and frankly some really bad misses by Syracuse) - then as Forbes said twice that Bobi three was down and somehow spun out - started a run of something like 8 consecutive missed threes (and I think 6 by Daivien).

As Forbes also said, it's tricky for this team - do you tell Daivien not to take a wide open 3? Tyree was in the corner and literally left alone as both Syracuse defenders dropped to the paint - should he not take that shot? After Bobi's 3 at the 7 minute mark, the only Wake player to score within our half court offense was Hildreth.

To me that game looked like great coaching with some long stretches of really poor execution and we won anyway. A team that start Tyree/Williamson/Cam is simply never going to defend the 3 well - there's no coaching that can fix how small we have to play.

we have no post game, which leads to sporadic play.

I say we slow the game down completely. Try to win a 72-70 game. Stick Cam on Wong all game and hope he doesn't get in foul trouble.

Need Bobi to continue to be an X factor and we need to hit our open 3s.

Back