• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 33: ACCT Quarterfinal - #1 Seed Miami - Thursday Nooner - ESPN

It's easy to be disappointed, but tough to be mad. We gave it all we had and we lost to a better team by 2. Honestly, I also find that Miami team and even Larranaga likable. I've always liked Wong's game and demeanor. Jordan Miller was a class act in the postgame interview.
Larranaga reminds me of my father. It's a combination of his eyes, smile, and general demeanor. It's really hard for me to root against Miami as I get a bit emotional whenever I see his face.

Hildreth played his ass off the past 2 days. After the 3 sub-par games to close the season, this was great to see. Watching him in person makes it easier to appreciate his defense and physicality. He’s a tough dude. If he can develop his 3 point and mid- range shooting over the off season, he can be really good next year. Klintman has a huge upside. He can the potential to be a double- double machine and much better scorer. Hopefully Keller and Marsh also improve and we add some portal pieces to the freshmen recruits. There is reason for optimism.

Forgot about Carr. His hand injury has really hurt his shooting over the past 3 or 4 weeks. And of course praying for Monsanto to come back at 100%.

Cam has been doing similar things much of the season. Some people just didn't see it. The Monsanto injury really took the wind out of the teams sails.

Forbes got them to buy in to their current identity for these two games. It was awesome to see. This week's deacons would have easily made the tourney. That was a tough ask for such a young and inexperienced (new players together and ages) team this year.

I will agree that cam and bobi both took their game up a notch this week. Hope that leads to more confidence and comfortability.

I hope Marsh improves, but I don't see it. The guy doesn't have the quickness to play defense at this level.
I agree somewhat. Better strength and positioning would go a long way in improving his game. He can be serviceable without quickness if he could just do a better job of maintaining position and holding on to rebounds.

Last edited:
The Doral Moore comparison for Marsh is a good one. Dude was totally lost his first 2 years and could barely run up and down the court at times. Turned into somewhat of a force by his junior year. Cigs averaged 2.6 points and 2.2 rebs on only 52% shooting his soph year. 11.1/9.4/69% (nice) his junior year.

I'm high on Marsh and Bobi's potential. If Cam can develop a better shot, he could easily become an All ACC player. No expectations for Taylor. Still have a weird feeling that McCray could turn into a major contributor, but not sure why. Wish we saw more from Ituka to inspire hope.

I've said this before, but even springy Antwan Scott/Chris Ellis type 4 would be huge for this team. And obviously we desperately need a PG.

Forgot about Carr. His hand injury has really hurt his shooting over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

yeah, Carr was ridden like an old ford truck this year. he had the hand issue and appeared to be hobbled by some sort of leg injury sprain for a while as well. he was so important because of the lack of post offense. i expect him to be much improved next year and hopefully the bench is a little longer to give him a break more often.

Carr was so disappointing yesterday. I mean he contributed very little despite playing most of the game.

His defense was abysmal, but yeah it's hard to get on him too much on the offensive side of things. It probably also hurts every time he uses it.

He had 8 boards. His shooting was off (2-8), mostly from 3 (0-4), where you would expect the hand injury to factor in the most.
Yeah no doubt. Doesn't change that he was a pretty big liability for large stretches of the game. I texted @Deacsfan27 at like the five minute mark of the first half where he'd played 14 minutes and had like 1 and 1. That's invisible status.

Back