• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 4: LaSalle Explorers - Friday 2pm - CBS Sports Network

We settle more outside and take a little time to get into an aggressive "get downhill to the basket" mindset it seems for sure. That said, we also missed five wide open threes in the first five minutes of the game.
Forbes said post game that he wants less of the threes and more attacking the basket to start these games on neutral courts (ballrooms). ;)

I mean last year's team had some strengths but it had some glaring weaknesses. ballhandling for one. I could see this team being much more competitive at the end of the year than last year's team and trending up instead of the reverse.

Really looking forward to seeing what this team looks like with Ituka. Feels like he will be a big piece. Not surprised that we look a little disjointed given the number of newcomers but we do have some talent. Glad to see Monsanto with a solid game (some lack of judgment aside) and Appleby was just silly today.

Thought we were doomed by the curse of the banked-in 3-pt shot in the first half

Update now that minutes are posted. Bradford and Taylor played a combined 7 minutes, going 0-1 with 1 rebound. I don’t understand why they start!!

Forbes said post game that he wants less of the threes and more attacking the basket to start these games on neutral courts (ballrooms). ;)
I can imagine that the team is still a bit shell shocked from their date with Aziz and that surprisingly great UVU frontcourt.

I think the rotation will very soon settle into Appleby/Williamson/Ituka playing the 1 and 2, Monsanto/Hildreth at the 3, Carr/Bobi at 4, and Keller/Bradford at the 5. Obviously, we'll be playing small or big as the matchups dictate, and I like Carr and Bobi on the floor together. But I think those are the 9 guys who will be taking all the minutes once Ituka is healthy.

I think the rotation will very soon settle into Appleby/Williamson/Ituka playing the 1 and 2, Monsanto/Hildreth at the 3, Carr/Bobi at 4, and Keller/Bradford at the 5. Obviously, we'll be playing small or big as the matchups dictate, and I like Carr and Bobi on the floor together. But I think those are the 9 guys who will be taking all the minutes once Ituka is healthy.

I'd change that to Carr/Keller/Bobi at 4/5 with a few minutes from Bradford/Marsh at the 5 if the matchups work out.

You can see the potential with Bobi. Still needs to put it all together — like the indecision when he was on the break and could have gone strong to the basket but just kind of fumbled it out of bounds. But man does he have a huge frame for a freshman wing.

You can see the potential with Bobi. Still needs to put it all together — like the indecision when he was on the break and could have gone strong to the basket but just kind of fumbled it out of bounds. But man does he have a huge frame for a freshman wing.
Yeah he seems to be comfortable with the ball in the open court from a handling situation too which is a solid set for his size. I'm excited about Bobi and Keller both.

I'd change that to Carr/Keller/Bobi at 4/5 with a few minutes from Bradford/Marsh at the 5 if the matchups work out.
Yeah I’m not sure Bradford or Marsh really crack the rotation at this point.

You're probably right. I guess I'm still holding out hope that Bradford plays significant minutes. He appears to have ability, but does seem kind of slow.

I am in this camp.

I am in this camp. Quick mobile team that takes care of the ball and all can shoot the three. Tough to match up against. Outside of that one dude going off in the first half we played very good defense. Keller at 6ft 10 is going to be a matchup nightmare in the future.

He gives me young Giannis vibes, especially since he also wears #34

Bobi's obviously not gonna be a future GOAT, but they look and play alike if y'all ever saw baby Giannis ball at all in Greece.

He gives me young Giannis vibes, especially since he also wears #34

Bobi's obviously not gonna be a future GOAT, but they look and play alike if y'all ever saw baby Giannis ball at all in Greece.

LOL. I thought I was going too far with my poor man's Kyle Anderson comp.

Back