• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 4: LaSalle Explorers - Friday 2pm - CBS Sports Network

Utah Valley goes down to #286, 1-3 (now 2-3) Morgan State

Crazy shit happens in Jamaica, mon

FSU was up 43-26 on Florida at the half. After a 30-5 Florida run to open the first 8 1/2 minutes of the 2nd half, Florida is now up 8.

Seminoles lose by 9. They're now 0-4.
Hilarious. I’ll never be tired of FSU eating shit.

There seems to be a lot of happy campers on this thread.

Deacons with a rough first 8 minutes and a final 5 minutes. In between they played good offensive basketball. The D was solid all game. Appleby with another standout performance.

Hildreth, Carr, Keller and Monsanto with strong contributions. Bringing Cam and Monsanto in off the bench early led to 12 straight made field goals and the lead. Keller and Monsanto with their best games of the season. Williamson and Klintman provide little offense but steady D.

Forbes may continue with the present starting lineup as long as it wins. If not broke, don't fix. He may want Monsanto to replicate his performance before he starts him at the three. That has been his carrot for Damari and he may require more than one good performance. Seems to be working. Cam has versatility and gives the D a boost off the bench. Appleby, Cam and Damari played well together.

I like the minutes that Klintman and Keller are earning. Both appear talented and are being force fed. Expect some up and down performances. They are freshman and will make mistakes but they play hard on D and aren't making big mistakes on offense by playing a secondary role.

Bradford and/or Marsh will get minutes, Carr/Keller won't hold up all season, especially when conference play begins. Size and strength will matter when wrestling is required.

If Bobi lines up another 3, I am going to forcefully shit my pants

BK has a fundamentally sound shot and has the green light, so apparently he is hitting 3’s in practice. Give him time.

BK has a fundamentally sound shot and has the green light, so apparently he is hitting 3’s in practice. Give him time.
Forbes noted he's rushing his shot and will calm down with time; freshman do that.

We'll hit a bunch of 3s early in our next game to take a 15-2 lead into the first TV timeout and I'll just shut my mouth.

Nice win today. Especially with Williamson shooting 2-11 (0-4 from 3).

I'll take it.
This is my take 4 games in with many different contributors. Carr goes off, DW goes off Ty goes off, Cam is Cam and MonMon is figuring it out. And Keller…..wow from expectations.

2 of starters combined to go 0-1 with 1 rebound. I don’t understand why they are starting.
Roster flexibility for as close to 40 mins of stress on opposing defenses. Ain’t perfect but Forbes knows his shit. It’s how you finish.

I mean last year's team had some strengths but it had some glaring weaknesses. ballhandling for one. I could see this team being much more competitive at the end of the year than last year's team and trending up instead of the reverse.
Wake won 25 games without a true PG last year. If we could have had Appleby on last year’s roster, they could have been an elite team.

Wake won 25 games without a true PG last year. If we could have had Appleby on last year’s roster, they could have been an elite team.

That not a true PG did lead the ACC in assists and is playing PG in the G-League.

Back