• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 5: LSU -- CC Consolation Final - 3 pm Sunday ESPN2

Exactly.

Look, I think Forbes has only been solid for us so far. But I also thought he coached a good game today.
I think we are understaffed and tired and until that is fixed we are going to run out of juice. We also have to stop starting so slow as we have in 4 out of our 5 games.

Observations on LSU:

. LSU center is playing on his third team and I assume he obtained a waiver. Wake's portal center unable to get the waiver.
. Wake has the guard play to win THIS year. Sallis is playing at an elite level. I cannot comprehend why the ball was not in his hands on every damn play during the OT. Instead, set plays were being called for a tired Carr.
. Wake missed Marsh. Another big body would have allowed Carr to stay out of foul trouble.
. I am the biggest Forbes supporter. However, I do question the fact that he allows his assistant (Shay) to call, seemingly, all of the offensive sets. During time outs it does not give off a good vibe to see Forbes standing in the huddle looking at Shay outlining the next offensive set. It gives the impression that Forbes is not in total charge.
.Other than not involving Sallis more in the OT, I thought Forbes coached a good game with the hand he was dealt today. The use of the zone actually turned the game around and prevented Baker from dominating in the second half.

I have been reading this board for several years but never posted.
Today is my first and last.( I've been Wake fan since they moved here in 1956 & still am & will be until I turn toes up)
This is the most negative fan base I have ever encountered in my almost 80 years. Even the Tarheels stand by their team in bad times.
On the band wagon fans don't cut it. Coach Forbes & the players put so much time & effort into the game & 80% of you guys sit on your beer drinking butts & complain. That's what y'all do best.
Now you may talk ugly about me. That will at least give our guys on the court some relief. Meanwhile I'm gonna enjoy this basketball team.

Observations on LSU:

. LSU center is playing on his third team and I assume he obtained a waiver. Wake's portal center unable to get the waiver.
. Wake has the guard play to win THIS year. Sallis is playing at an elite level. I cannot comprehend why the ball was not in his hands on every damn play during the OT. Instead, set plays were being called for a tired Carr.
. Wake missed Marsh. Another big body would have allowed Carr to stay out of foul trouble.
. I am the biggest Forbes supporter. However, I do question the fact that he allows his assistant (Shay) to call, seemingly, all of the offensive sets. During time outs it does not give off a good vibe to see Forbes standing in the huddle looking at Shay outlining the next offensive set. It gives the impression that Forbes is not in total charge.
.Other than not involving Sallis more in the OT, I thought Forbes coached a good game with the hand he was dealt today. The use of the zone actually turned the game around and prevented Baker from dominating in the second half.
This has always seemed odd to me too.

In fairness, I think it would be best to measure Forbes' performance after Monsanto returns and if we can get Reid eligible.

But if this ineptness continues after their return, Currie will need to sharpen the pencil. But let's see what unfolds with a full line-up on the floor. I'm not getting my hopes up but willing to give the benefit of the doubt here.

Today is my first and last.( I've been Wake fan since they moved here in 1956 & still am & will be until I turn toes up)
This is the most negative fan base I have ever encountered in my almost 80 years. Even the Tarheels stand by their team in bad times.
On the band wagon fans don't cut it. Coach Forbes & the players put so much time & effort into the game & 80% of you guys sit on your beer drinking butts & complain. That's what y'all do best.
Now you may talk ugly about me. That will at least give our guys on the court some relief. Meanwhile I'm gonna enjoy this basketball team.
You must be new here.

Observations on LSU:

Wait was the Reid waiver denied? I thought we were still waiting on the NCAA.

The NCAA might just be the most currupt, awful, disgusting organization in sport.

It’s embarrassing how bad we are right now in just about every sport we’re actively playing and some of you are ready to have an NC State-esque parade. The end is not the trophy I guess 🙄. Let’s just be happy we get the pleasure of watching our asses get stomped over and over in multiple sports.

We are the best 2-3 team in the country! None of you can deny that we're playing the best hoops in nearly a decade! Albeit transient. The best backcourt since Paul-Gray but it could disappear as quickly as it came. I'm not sure which is better as a fan? To see a great team like today or to nurture lesser prospects. This is the new normal. I'd love to graduate Miller! Outstanding play today. Wasn't he the scoring leader? I hate that we got beat by the same college that bumped us from the CWS.

I agree that a lot of folks on here can be thoroughly insane BUT like them, I had high hopes this year with the transfers that Forbes landed. I think we can all agree that we should not have lost to Utah, Georgia, and Utah with the talent level on this team. That’s beyond frustrating.

Back