• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: Rutgers at WF - Wednesday 6 pm ACCN

I was shocked at first

Then I remembered NIL is a thing so anything makes sense in college sports now.
Ofc it makes sense that the poorest school in B10 can get them better NIL deals than Dook, Kansas, Indiana, and Auburn. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I really don't understand why Marsh has zero post moves. I was starting to wonder if they just weren't in the system we are running. But Efton's first game back and he repeatedly seals his man off down low for a lob over the top. Marsh could certainly have been doing that because it's largely a function of size.
There is a reason that Reid was a 5-star recruit.

Reid is wayyyy ahead of Marsh. Better hands, can actually box out, and has some post moves.
I needed literally 5 minutes of watching Reid to understand he was our best big man in the low post since Big E. (maybe I'm missing someone since I've admittedly been half-to-all checked out for coming up on a decade or two, but I can't think of one. Please correct me if I'm wrong people that are stronger than me and continued to watch Wake hoops as it was throat raped from the inside-out.

Reid isn't going to score 25 or 30 but he will hit double digits regularly, but will sometimes touch 20, 12ppg is my guess, and always give us 8+ rebounds, which will normally be double digit boards. And he alters shots. And he tips loose balls away from oppos hands so our guards can go gather the loose ball. The guy is just straight up active around the glass. Loved watching him tonight.

We've had guard play these last few years. Now we have a big that can actually play and impact a game. That's exciting to me.

this team is definitely undefeated with Reid. No doubters vs UGA and lsu and win a close one vs Utah. If you go back vs Utah they had around 15 layups/dunks against us and that gets cut in half or more and not even touching on the improved O with Reid vs other bigs.
Probably not. If WF beat Utah, the Deacs would’ve played Houston, who may be the best in the country

I needed literally 5 minutes of watching Reid to understand he was our best big man in the low post since Big E. (maybe I'm missing someone since I've admittedly been half-to-all checked out for coming up on a decade or two, but I can't think of one. Please correct me if I'm wrong people that are stronger than me and continued to watch Wake hoops as it was throat raped from the inside-out.

Reid isn't going to score 25 or 30 but he will hit double digits regularly, but will sometimes touch 20, 12ppg is my guess, and always give us 8+ rebounds, which will normally be double digit boards. And he alters shots. And he tips loose balls away from oppos hands so our guards can go gather the loose ball. The guy is just straight up active around the glass. Loved watching him tonight.

We've had guard play these last few years. Now we have a big that can actually play and impact a game. That's exciting to me.
John Collins

Yep if he’s not grabbing the board, he is still altering the shot then tipping it to a teammate. A true big man

Good game for the Deacs.

Game broke down into three phases. Deacs dominated the first 13.5 minutes holding a 31-15 advantage. Rutgers claimed the final 6.5 minutes of the first half and the first 9.5 minutes of the second half 33-19 reducing the Wake lead to 2 points at 50-48. The Deacs took over from there, outscoring Rutgers 26-9 for a 76-57 win. This is the third game in which the Deacs have taken over in the second half to secure a win. Deacs bested Rutgers in literally every phase of the game for their best game of the season.

The big news was Efton Reid as everyone hoped it would be. He finished with 12 points, 14 rebounds and a virtual shutdown of Rutgers star center Omoruyi (4/4). His defensive rating was 51.5, his stop% was 126.1 and he was credited with 12 of the Deacons 31 stops. That is an incredible performance that makes overlooking some questionable first half shots easy.

Boopie Miller was the offensive leader with 23 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and an offensive rating of 115.1. Hildreth, Sallas and Carr all hit double figures as well. The biggest surprise was Zack Keller as the back up to Efton. In 12 minutes he contributed 5 points, 4 rebounds and a second best defensive rating of 97.8. Its been a while since the center position has produce 17 points and 18 rebounds in 40 minutes.

So apparently some of the documentation received by the NCAA wasn’t reviewed before his waiver appeal was denied. While infuriating, that makes me a feel a little bit better because that happened prior to the three losses we have.

I think with any kind of post presence against LSU we would have won. With Reid, we win @ UGA. The Utah game is probably 60/40 Wake.

We are a completely different team with Reid and frankly, for anyone who couldn’t see that this would be the case - I have no idea what kind of drugs you’re on, but I’d like some.

That was a tough game to watch at work bc all I wanted to do was cheer out loud.

That’s the best Wake game I’ve seen since maybe the Collins v Mitchell showdown during the Manning-era.

Our ceiling just got a lot higher with Reid.

Excited to see where Forbes can take these guys.

Back