• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: Rutgers at WF - Wednesday 6 pm ACCN

Reid is just a game changer. Rebounds, alters shots and has an offensive game that will just get better with time. Allows Carr to play his natural position / role. Just such a huge addition for this team. Looking forward to seeing what they look like when Damari is cleared to play.

One of the more frustrating things our bigs haven’t done all year is body their defender on the block. Whether you’re getting the ball or not, it makes it to where the defender has to go around you to get to a driving guard. It has driven me crazy how hard our bigs have made it for the guards by just letting their guy help over while they stand there waiting for a 2 foot pass instead of just sealing their guy. It has the added benefit of also putting you in position for an offensive rebound/tip in!

Last edited:
Omoruyi came into the game averaging 11 and 9. He had 7 points, 9 reb, and 8 blks last game. 4 and 4 is his fewest points and rebounds this season.

One of the more frustrating things our bigs haven’t done all year is body their defender on the block. Whether you’re getting the ball or not, it makes it to where the defender has to go around you to get to a driving guard. It has driven me crazy how hard our bigs have made it for the guards by just letting their guy help over while they stand there waiting for a 2 foot pass instead of just sealing their guy, it also has the added benefit of putting you in position for an offensive rebound/tip in!
This is opposite of what Efton did tonight.

Last edited:
Omoruyi came into the game averaging 11 and 9. He had 7 points, 9 reb, and 8 blks last game. 4 and 4 is his fewest points and rebounds this season.

You could tell he and a few of the other Rutgers players were getting very frustrated with OUR physicality (mainly Cam and Efton’s). It’s been a WHIIIILE since I’ve been able to say that.

It’s interesting that Forbes always talks about his emphasis on the middle 8 (last 4 minutes of the first half, first 4 minutes of the second half), we have been beaten soundly during the middle 8 the last two games but we still won both games pretty handily.

forgot to mention that Reid’s passing looked very sharp. The were able to work the ball inside out much more than I have seen with the Keller / Marsh combo. Should be good for our offensive sets.

Final thought is that I loved Reid getting so vocal on defense especially as the game went on. Did anyone else hear him yelling “hands!” when there were like two minutes left and the game was basically over?

forgot to mention that Reid’s passing looked very sharp. The were able to work the ball inside out much more than I have seen with the Keller / Marsh combo. Should be good for our offensive sets.

Final thought is that I loved Reid getting so vocal on defense especially as the game went on. Did anyone else hear him yelling “hands!” when there were like two minutes left and the game was basically over?

Forbes welcomes Reid's vocal contribution and postgame called him the "middle linebacker" leader of the team.

You could tell he and a few of the other Rutgers players were getting very frustrated with OUR physicality (mainly Cam and Efton’s). It’s been a WHIIIILE since I’ve been able to say that.
To be fair, they bitched about every single call last night

The crowd did look pretty bad on tv, but sounded good, especially when Efton came in.

Forbes said in the post game conference that Efton wasn't even on his radar (even after he had flown to Spokane to recruit Sallis), and then it turns out Efton's high school coach was friends with the AD who hired Forbes at ETSU. The coach reached out and said Efton was looking to transfer closer to home and asked if he'd be interested in recruiting him.

The multiple basketball connections works out again for Forbes.

Back