• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 9: Clemson Tigers at Littlejohn - Friday 7 pm

Football has played Clemson better last two seasons than basketball.

Clemson closed the game on a 10-0 run. We kinda quit. And that’s not cool. Not cool for the coach to allow it. Not cool for the team to do it.

We are young-ish. (DW and Appleby are not young. Monsanto is 22). We need time to gel. Tonight was bad. Hopefully we learn from it, we have a good week of practice, and we find a way to beat LSU.

I literally said nothing about recruiting. By almost every metric (and I've followed them all), I would consider our big man rotation to be comprised of good recruits.

I realize that everybody's annoyed right now, but sometimes you gotta admit that you got your ass beat and move on.

Don't overthink this one.
Our guys missed shots since most of them are not good scorers.
“This team is gonna be as good as Appleby plays, and he wasn't that good” means this team lacks good depth.
Carr is a major disappointment.

Carr is a work in progress. We are very young up front.

Obviously we need Ituka to be WAAAAAAYYYYYY better than he showed tonight. Because we can’t count on Appleby giving us 40 great minutes every night.

Our guys missed shots since most of them are not good scorers.
“This team is gonna be as good as Appleby plays, and he wasn't that good” means this team lacks good depth.
Carr is a major disappointment.
idk what you're looking for, man, but your beef doesn't appear to be with me

we're not a particularly deep team, we're asking a lot of a few players who aren't particularly good yet, and I've been more lukewarm than most on Carr all year

Clemson closed the game on a 10-0 run. We kinda quit. And that’s not cool. Not cool for the coach to allow it. Not cool for the team to do it.

We are young-ish. (DW and Appleby are not young. Monsanto is 22). We need time to gel. Tonight was bad. Hopefully we learn from it, we have a good week of practice, and we find a way to beat LSU.

clem's son shot 70% for the 2nd half and hit 24-25 FT's for the game. Steamrolled.

We damn well better give clem's son the same beat down they gave us when they come to the Joel.

We'll need it for our NIT resume. :(

Thanks to the ACC scheduling gods, always keen to do MSD as many favors as possible, we get Clemson at home right after a long plane ride back from BC.

I mean, it's always somewhere between the two. I just don't really think we could have avoided losing this one after the way they shot tonight.
Maybe we do lose. But WTH did Brownell tell his team, after being out played in the 1st? Go hit all your shots?

What could Forbes do? Use the tos you have to keep Clemson from building momentum? Get marsh in and pound the ball inside until pj ball has foul trouble?

Seriously we got beat by 27 in the second half. Good thing Clemson wasn’t playing well in the first or we could have lost by 54.

Do something, Forbes had no response except to wait for the under 16 TO. Don’t give them 4 min to get rolling.

If we lose fine but our staff had zero response.

I think we are going to be hot and/or cold often. The question is will we be more hot than cold, more often. If we are, we will likely make the tourney because when we play well like we did at Wisconsin…we are tough and we’re going to beat a lot of teams this year - at least 20, probably 22-23. Would we stand up against elite competition? I’m not sure at this point (probably not, though). But if an elite team has a slightly off night, we are good enough to get the upset.

I’ve got faith in Forbes and this team. Step away for a bit. Go DEACS!

Last edited:
Back