• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 9: @ Virginia Tech - Saturday 2 pm - ACCN

I don't want to give any one game too much weight but this was definitely one of the most complete games since at least 2010 or so. It is likely also not a coincidence that it occurred the first season after Forbes was able to get a team that was mostly his guys.

My dad and I sprinted out with two minutes in the clock. Exodus of students.

DECEMBER FOURTH lore fulfilled

I was part of this!

That was incredibly satisfying.

And opposed to the previous two administrations, apparently Forbes got the team to close up the backdoor play VT got 5-6 layups on in the 1st half.

That was a very nice win and awesome job from Big D. Walton.. That was the best game I've seen him play...

wakephan09 rewarded for his crazy plan. And I came to CLT last night so I could catch this game.

I haven't seen the Deacs play a whole game for a couple of years, and, Man, that was beautiful. Steve Forbes has an eye for talent and builds basketball teams. The ball movement was mostly excellent and the defense was pretty good too. If this game is a true indicator of what Forbes can do, then Wow! This was team basketball by guys who know how to play and play mostly with discipline and within their limitations.

That was a very nice win and awesome job from Big D. Walton.. That was the best game I've seen him play...

An still 2 rbs. So weird, it doesn't seem like he's losing rbs. He's inside and active, I know he tips some out. Put 10 rbs next to his name and he goes from good to great for Wake centers.

wakephan09 rewarded for his crazy plan. And I came to CLT last night so I could catch this game.
You should have carpooled with us!

My dad gets all the credit as madman planner and driver!

We were 26-36 from 2 for 2pt FG% of 72%. 7-16 from 3 for 43%.

Over the lost decade, we've had 'big' wins (are any really big when you finish near the bottom), but they were usually on the back of hot 3pt shooting or one guy just totally going off.

This was balanced offensive attack. We had 10 TOs, with Williams having 6 which were mostly because of his aggression and driving in the lane.

Unofficial list of road wins since 2008

2021 - BC
2020 - Pitt
2019 - ND
2018 - Pitt
2017 - VT & BC
2016 - none
2015 - none
2014 - BC
2013 - none
2012 - BC
2011 - none
2010 - UVA & UNC
2009 - MD, UVA, Clem, BC
2008 - FSU

Summary
BC - 4
VT - 2
Pitt - 2
UVA - 2
ND - 1
UNC - 1
FSU - 1
Clem - 1
MD - 1

Since 2009 we have not won at Syr, GT, dook (actually since Tim Duncan's sr yr), Miami, State, L'ville

This team is sneaky good... Can shoot, pass, defend... Will finally be a fun year.

Back