• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB: William & Mary @ WF -- 7pm ACC Network+ ESPN+

Some people like myself and my son, can't take the vaccine due to allergies and other medical issues, I would gladly wear a mask and would love to get my son back to a game, Because we can't take vaccine, should that mean we shouldn't be allowed to attend game even if wearing a mask? Are they requiring Vax cards or proff of to enter games?

You are definitely the exception. You and your son deserve to enjoy the Deacs like everyone else, and I would feel the same way as you if I were in your shoes.

I'm not trying to be i sensitive, but there are a large group of people who have done things the right way, are Vaxxed, boostered up, and are still being asked to wear a mask. Fair or not, that deters people from wanting to go to the games.

I highly doubt there’s a sizable contingent of enthusiastic Wake bb fans eager to go to games but are otherwise deterred by needing a mask that they’ve been wearing for 18 months already. I think it’s just your opinion about masks, likely shared by some, but is in no way the deciding factor in someone attending.

I highly doubt there’s a sizable contingent of enthusiastic Wake bb fans eager to go to games but are otherwise deterred by needing a mask that they’ve been wearing for 18 months already. I think it’s just your opinion about masks, likely shared by some, but is in no way the deciding factor in someone attending.

Agreed. I don't think the mask mandate is stopping anyone from attending. There were signs all over the place about wearing masks, and there were also a very large number of people not wearing their masks at all.

It may play a small role but let’s be real. If we were ranked playing Duke tomorrow, nobody would be complaining about masks.

Hell, famous people love the newly masked world.

Directed at me? I wear a mask every day of my life for my work. I don't work remotely. I wear one in every public establishment, every single day. I have zero problems wearing my mask.

The difference is that Wake games are supposed to be entertainment. Ya know, a break from the real world? That's why I think there's a difference in regular mask wearers and mask wearers who would prefer not wear one for 2+ hours when they can sit at home and watch the game without one. The sentiment at the game last night seemed to be consistent with what I'm saying, based on the 15-20 folks I spoke to.

Or they should be mandating vax cards and turning morons who don't believe in science away so the rest of us can continue living our lives.

Went Tuesday night to Wake Face2Face Speakers forum with Albright and Hagel and they had established well in advance that everyone had to show Vax card or negative test. They checked it outside the building. Surprised but pleased for this reason. Very surprised by low attendance Wed but midweek and COVID staying power is relevant. Numbers keep dropping maybe the mayor will change the indoor mandate

I'd be surprised if Forbes and the team didn't echo exactly what I'm saying.

Directed at me? I wear a mask every day of my life for my work. I don't work remotely. I wear one in every public establishment, every single day. I have zero problems wearing my mask.

The difference is that Wake games are supposed to be entertainment. Ya know, a break from the real world? That's why I think there's a difference in regular mask wearers and mask wearers who would prefer not wear one for 2+ hours when they can sit at home and watch the game without one. The sentiment at the game last night seemed to be consistent with what I'm saying, based on the 15-20 folks I spoke to.

I agree with this, although I work from home maskless and may never go back to an office on a regular basis.

I love going to movies. I love live music. Not paying $$$ to partake in either while wearing a mask. I'll stay home and watch my tv and listen to my music. Same with live indoor sports.

I agree with this, although I work from home maskless and may never go back to an office on a regular basis.

I love going to movies. I love live music. Not paying $$$ to partake in either while wearing a mask. I'll stay home and watch my tv and listen to my music. Same with live indoor sports.

Ding ding ding

Doesn’t the fact that you had that conversation with those people AT THE GAME argue against your point?

Doesn’t the fact that you had that conversation with those people AT THE GAME argue against your point?

Nah man. Word travels fast when there's so few people in the arena. Idk what the argument is, but I'm not going to wear a mask at a Wake game because a handful of rubes won't get Vaxxed.

Ah, meaning they knew of specific people that weren’t coming bc of the masks?

Steve Forbes is such a likable guy. A breathe of fresh air for the Deacs.

The Joel is depressing. It sucks. No one is there just like has been the case for years. We need a smaller stadium when we are able to build it. Ron Wellman really screwed us buying that place--and paying millions--when no one else would have paid $1 for that hole.

Do you really not remember the days when the Joel was consistently packed? The Joel is empty because we have been losing for over a decade. Once Forbes gets us rolling, the fans will show and it will be a hostile environment.

Please don't respond to him. He's a one-trick pony clown. Ignore him and hope he goes away.

His spiel is, and always has been, meaningless to anyone other than him. The Joel's cool. He's not.

Please don't respond to him. He's a one-trick pony clown. Ignore him and hope he goes away.

His spiel is, and always has been, meaningless to anyone other than him. The Joel's cool. He's not.

Especially after we get the monorail up and running...

Yep. The size of the Joel had nothing to do with the attendance on Wednesday.

Wearing a mask for two hours in an indoor setting is one of the easiest things you can ever do . It’s a fucking piece of cake. Our grandfathers stormed the beaches of Normandy when they were 18 and people today think wearing a mask for two hours is torture. Sack up and mask up and be a man.

Wearing a mask for two hours in an indoor setting is one of the easiest things you can ever do . It’s a fucking piece of cake. Our grandfathers stormed the beaches of Normandy when they were 18 and people today think wearing a mask for two hours is torture. Sack up and mask up and be a man.

Love this kind of quote

If I "sack up and mask up" I'll reduce the risk of transmission by some percentage, depending on what type of mask I use (N95 is undoubtedly better, so everyone should "sack up" and buy some of those motherfuckers, and don't take that thing off to eat or drink anything)

If I "sack up and stay home" to watch the game on my TV, I'll reduce the risk of transmission by 100%. I can even watch a D-Day documentary during the time I would have spent driving to the game.

at this point venues have opened up and people want to do the things they like to do, like go to basket games. If those places ask that you wear a mask, don’t be a pussy and whine about it, wear the mask. If you don’t want to go out to a public venue and prefer to watch on TV ,then that’s just fine too.

Back