• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB: William & Mary @ WF -- 7pm ACC Network+ ESPN+

Any of you other degenerates plowing whole hog into Wake Forest -14.5 tonight?

Tell me I'm not alone. Misery loves company.

I'm in. Got 14. Perhaps, I have ignorantly bought in to all of the positive news and vibes from this Summer and pre-season workouts, but I am a Forbes true believer, and this roster is deep. Also, William and Mary is terrible. They are expected to be the worst team in the CAA. Always get a little anxious on gameday, but think the Deacs roll. Feeling good about WF's ROI in OOC games as don't think the Vegas power rankings have caught up to how improved WF is over last season. Then again, in college basketball, the three point shot is always the unpredictable variable. If WF shoots 14% from 3 and if Bill and Mary has a positive outlier shooting game from 3, WF won't cover, and we will be sweating out the win. Don't see that happening...

Last edited:
I'm in at -14. So that means we almost certainly won't cover.

Turnovers will likely determine if we cover or not. I'm hoping W&M is bad enough to not expose what will presumably be a lack of chemistry.

only a true degenerate would bet on a WFU cover in an opener after the past decade. I hope ya'll win some money, but that is some degenerate shit right there.

I mean, it feels like just about the best spot you'll get all year...

You've got an underrated (in terms of the power rankings) Wake Forest team that is made up of mostly new players against a William & Mary team that is probably worse than perceived.

This is the first game, so energy and intensity should be high... If we get it done on defense, I think this is a blowout from start to finish.

And less worried about a back door cover because everyone is pushing each other for minutes... It is a deeper roster than we've had in a long time.

only a true degenerate would bet on a WFU cover in an opener after the past decade. I hope ya'll win some money, but that is some degenerate shit right there.

W&M v. WF isn't even close to the bottom of the degenerate level that I reach everyday.

Yesterday, was on the St. Thomas Tommies (yes, that is their nickname) v. Chicago State game. St. Thomas has moved from D3 to D1 (really unusual for a team to go to D1 from D3) this season, and Chicago State has clearly been the worst D-1 program in the nation for a long time (Chicago State's best season since 2016 was a 4-25 mark in 2020). They entered this season on a 28 game losing streak. The D3 team was a 6.5 favorite, and Chicago State pulled the upset for their first win since December 4, 2019. That is true degenerate action.

Turnovers will likely determine if we cover or not. I'm hoping W&M is bad enough to not expose what will presumably be a lack of chemistry.

I definitely expect there to be a lack of chemistry relative to teams that have played together for multiple years, but that is getting more and more rare. Also, last year was so different that I feel like even teams that returned 7 or 8 guys aren't seeing the same benefit they would after a normal season with a full offseason before hand.

(DeacsATS)furiously scribbles down notes on the Tommies and checks KenPom to see when they play next(/DeacsATS)

They really should at least be the "Fightin' Tommies" or something that is a little more intimidating.

W&M v. WF isn't even close to the bottom of the degenerate level that I reach everyday.

Yesterday, was on the St. Thomas Tommies (yes, that is their nickname) v. Chicago State game. St. Thomas has moved from D3 to D1 (really unusual for a team to go to D1 from D3) this season, and Chicago State has clearly been the worst D-1 program in the nation for a long time (Chicago State's best season since 2016 was a 4-25 mark in 2020). They entered this season on a 28 game losing streak. The D3 team was a 6.5 favorite, and Chicago State pulled the upset for their first win since December 4, 2019. That is true degenerate action.

This is incredible.

Same thing, but on Twitter:

Definitely heard a good bit of chat on campus about the game today. I'd expect a good student section, maybe 500-1,000 kids which is solid for a buy game. Better than most ACC games under our last coach.

we'll have to make sure there's enough room for your pessimism in the new 4,000 seat stadium

I’d be optimistic then.

Gotta give credit to Forbes. Guy has done all he can to generate any support. The handwritten note was a nice touch. I’ll be among the 1500 on hand tonight to reward the effort.

I installed the ESPN app on my Roku. Logged in with my YouTube TV account, but when I go to the Wake game it is still saying I need to buy an additional ESPN+ subscription. Anyone else running into this?

Back