• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Football Complex Announced

WakeCLT

Reaction score
Awesome

Last edited:
Sick. This will really help build momentum coming off our playoff run.

This is dope. We have to be performing very well in the CFB arms race compared to our "peer" schools. Unlike Grobe, I really believe that Clawson won't waste any recruiting bump he can take advantage of from improved facilities and winning more games.

Sick. This will really help build momentum coming off our playoff run.

They can hold the groundbreaking as they launch the parade floats.

This is dope. We have to be performing very well in the CFB arms race compared to our "peer" schools. Unlike Grobe, I really believe that Clawson won't waste any recruiting bump he can take advantage of from improved facilities and winning more games.

Man, we got really lazy relying on those Jacksonville schools - Bolles and maybe another - and very few of those kids turned out to be ACC players.

This should have a huge impact if Clawson ever seriously considers other offers.

Last edited:
Good stuff. Good timing as well. Shows the national media we're serious. At this point, we should be glad Bob hasn't demanded the team be the Wake Forest McCrearys. Good on him for pushing all his chips in to build on what Clawson has done.

Frankly, Grobe wasted the last major renovation. I don't think Clawson will do the same.

Man, we got really lazy relying on those Jacksonville schools - Bolles and maybe another - and very few of those kids turned out to be ACC players.

Bishop Kenney maybe? They did send us Wolford, though.

I feel like we went all in on dudes from Pahokee too after Phonso. Besides him, D.J. Boldin and Merrill Noel ended up being really good ACC guys, but it felt like we were signing 5 dudes from that HS every year.

Phonz and Bud Noel played in the NFL. Boldin got a shot. We signed one guy from there a few years later who didn't do much at Wake. Overall Pahokee worked out.

Boldin coached two seasons at Pakohee HS, made the 1A state semis, and left this year to take a DII WR coach position in Ohio.

I saw ads for the HBO Max series on Pahokee football, but I didn't realize Boldin was the coach.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...esigns-pahokee-high-lake-erie-job/4394600001/

Yeah we are really playing in the big leagues when it comes to facilities now. Crazy.

Just incredible...Thanks Bob, Mit, Ben and everyone who has made this possible

Good stuff. Good timing as well. Shows the national media we're serious. At this point, we should be glad Bob hasn't demanded the team be the Wake Forest McCrearys. Good on him for pushing all his chips in to build on what Clawson has done.

Frankly, Grobe wasted the last major renovation. I don't think Clawson will do the same.

Was the last major renovation not the indoor facility? Or the Sutton Sports Performance Center?

If anyone was looking for a strong statement from the university that it wants to keep Clawson, here is your answer.

Is it me or do things appear to just be working better with Currie at the helm?

Back