• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Football Complex Announced

My vision was actually closing in Deacon Hill but in an fashion that enhances it. I like the idea of have stands over the hill in a fashion that does not obstruct the view. This maintains the hill and even gives some weather protection. To me, that would make the stadium look finished/complete, keep Deacon Hill for the families, be a unique feature and have some utility.
Video board?

Don’t know what they have now but Clemson used to have stands on the side of their hill with grass in the middle for students and families. That’s a thought to add seats or add some chairbacks on the top of hill- Like a parent section for parents to watch game while kids play. Agreed we need to add in chairbacks everywhere except student section maybe.

I like the gold aluminum seats with the black seats where they are. And entirely black stadium wouldn’t be attractive. IMO, UNC ruined Kenan with all baby blue seats.

My vision was actually closing in Deacon Hill but in an fashion that enhances it. I like the idea of have stands over the hill in a fashion that does not obstruct the view. This maintains the hill and even gives some weather protection. To me, that would make the stadium look finished/complete, keep Deacon Hill for the families, be a unique feature and have some utility.
Navy’s stadium has a grass hill with a few rows of seats at the top. It looked ok, but leaving the hill as it is gets my vote.

The last thing wake needs is more seats. We should do something in the corner above the students to avoid a gaping hole in the stands in the second half.

It says it will be connected to the field house? I'm trying to visualize how that will look. A gigantic field house?

I've toured our current facility and it is lightyears ahead of many professional soccer facilities in Europe. Just silly what college football has become!

I've toured our current facility and it is lightyears ahead of many professional soccer facilities in Europe. Just silly what college football has become!

Yeah the Barcelona locker room is really Spartan. Looks like a locker room at a hotel gym.

Back