• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Football Complex Announced

If anyone was looking for a strong statement from the university that it wants to keep Clawson, here is your answer.

Is it me or do things appear to just be working better with Currie at the helm?

Damn right.

It’s a new building. I assume WF will knock down the existing Pruitt football wing, but I’m not sure. The announcement says it will join with the Indoor facility and Sutton Center, but it doesn’t say where.

I also thought I heard Clawson say on local sports radio today that it would take around 18 months.

It’s a new building. I assume WF will knock down the existing Pruitt football wing, but I’m not sure. The announcement says it will join with the Indoor facility and Sutton Center, but it doesn’t say where.

Based on one of the shots from the announcement video, if you're looking at the front of Sutton/Shah building (where the big 15-foot Deacon statue is), this building is going to the left of that and will connect with the McCreary Indoor.

Interesting part of knocking down the existing Pruitt wing is sure, you don't need the building for a football locker room or offices anymore ... but the second floor is where athletic comms., creative content and the Learfield wing are all in the old football coach offices. Will be interesting to see if that building is knocked down or just keeps being repurposed.

Phonz and Bud Noel played in the NFL. Boldin got a shot. We signed one guy from there a few years later who didn't do much at Wake. Overall Pahokee worked out.

Boldin coached two seasons at Pakohee HS, made the 1A state semis, and left this year to take a DII WR coach position in Ohio.

I saw ads for the HBO Max series on Pahokee football, but I didn't realize Boldin was the coach.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...esigns-pahokee-high-lake-erie-job/4394600001/

Has it ever been uncovered why Phonso was fired from his coaching job? All the implications pointed towards something inappropriate.

I remembered it that way too but I wasn’t sure if I was confusing it with what got Willie Idlette fired.

I remembered it that way too but I wasn’t sure if I was confusing it with what got Willie Idlette fired.

Whatever the cause was, the school and community sure as hell didn’t want it being publicized.

Based on one of the shots from the announcement video, if you're looking at the front of Sutton/Shah building (where the big 15-foot Deacon statue is), this building is going to the left of that and will connect with the McCreary Indoor.

Interesting part of knocking down the existing Pruitt wing is sure, you don't need the building for a football locker room or offices anymore ... but the second floor is where athletic comms., creative content and the Learfield wing are all in the old football coach offices. Will be interesting to see if that building is knocked down or just keeps being repurposed.
Thanks. It does appear that the front entrance of the athletic complex and the Miller Center are in the upper right background in the photo of the proposed new Mcreary FC. So it might catch some hooked 350 yards drives from the golf range.

Which would be no problem at our stadium. As earlier posts revealed, we've sold out only and handful of times since 2006, and some of those claims are dubious. Anything that increases fan comfort for those who do bother to show up (on average in the 20-25K range) is a positive.
FBS seat capacity minimum might be an issue if that's still a thing.

Which would be no problem at our stadium. As earlier posts revealed, we've sold out only and handful of times since 2006, and some of those claims are dubious. Anything that increases fan comfort for those who do bother to show up (on average in the 20-25K range) is a positive.

You still have your revenue capacity to consider. Part of what goes along with decreasing capacity for quality is an increase in value. We already have folks complaining that $20 tickets are too expensive.

We can close in an end zone whenever we want to or add a tier.

Don't mess with Deacon Hill.

Add seats over, beside and in front of Bridger. May need to extend Bridger into current parking on next rebuild.

That makes sense. Build a full set of endzone stands and build a larger field house with suites and patio viewing.

That makes sense. Build a full set of endzone stands and build a larger field house with suites and patio viewing.

Good concept. Need to use more Ciseum parking and/or on campus - old church lot, law lot, former "boonies."

I do like what they've done with the endzone seating, adding a tunnel, etc. but eventually, would love to see that closed in .

Don't mess with Deacon Hill.

Add seats over, beside and in front of Bridger. May need to extend Bridger into current parking on next rebuild.

My vision was actually closing in Deacon Hill but in an fashion that enhances it. I like the idea of have stands over the hill in a fashion that does not obstruct the view. This maintains the hill and even gives some weather protection. To me, that would make the stadium look finished/complete, keep Deacon Hill for the families, be a unique feature and have some utility.

Back