• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Me Too? [GHWB commits sexual assault?]

I would say in almost any other context yes, but in this timeline fuck no. I’m tired of the morality of the left and doing the right thing just to be fucked over by hypocrites who won’t change even if lead by example and don’t give a shit when it’s themselves. There is a an actual chance a pedophile gets elected to the senate and the leader of that party is a documented sexual assaulter. Until that is reckoned with the answer should be no.

Is Sen. Franken stepping down an appropriate consequence? I tend to think so, but am curious as to other people's thoughts.

Yep (presuming some weird shit doesn't come to light that the photo was staged, etc.). Of course, Trump should step down as well, as should Moore, et al., and as much as I want to say that Franken shouldn't step down until they do, we are and need to be better than the soulless pricks on the other side.

I would say in almost any other context yes, but in this timeline fuck no. I’m tired of the morality of the left and doing the right thing just to be fucked over by hypocrites who won’t change even if lead by example and don’t give a shit when it’s themselves. There is a an actual chance a pedophile gets elected to the senate and the leader of that party is a documented sexual assaulter. Until that is reckoned with the answer should be no.

this

Not a fan of Franken's by any stretch, but from that photo I can't tell if he's actually groping her or just pretending to. I know many won't make the distinction, but can't tell you how many times my previously immature self (well, more immature than I am now) would be in line behind some chick and to amuse a buddy nearby I pretended to be hitting it from behind. Is that childish/immature? yes Worthy of getting the shit slapped out of me if she turned around? Absolutely Funny? Guess you had to be there. Reason for me to be fired from my current job or Al Franken removed from the senate? Hope not

Not a fan of Franken's by any stretch, but from that photo I can't tell if he's actually groping her or just pretending to. I know many won't make the distinction, but can't tell you how many times my previously immature self (well, more immature than I am now) would be in line behind some chick and to amuse a buddy nearby I pretended to be hitting it from behind. Is that childish/immature? yes Worthy of getting the shit slapped out of me if she turned around? Absolutely Funny? Guess you had to be there. Reason for me to be fired from my current job or Al Franken removed from the senate? Hope not

she has body armor on, it appears, so he didn't get a hand full. still...

The rest of the story pretty much removes the benefit of the doubt

she has body armor on, it appears, so he didn't get a hand full. still...

So, if he didn't really touch her and was having a joke picture taken, that's sexual assault to you? Really?

Yes, he owes her an apology, but that's it.

So, if he didn't really touch her and was having a joke picture taken, that's sexual assault to you? Really?

he is clearly no Trump, Bush Sr., Moore, etc..

read the story.

it's a joke at her expense you idiot

but i agree an apology is what i would expect in this current universe

I don't know how you beat it through the head of folks that this type of behavior is unacceptable unless you, you know, actually have consequences.

Barring a credible explanation for how that picture is not unwanted touching on a person who is sleeping (and preferably substantiated by several people on the trip), Franken should step down immediately. There's no room for this behavior from elected officials - especially at the Senate level - regardless of party or political affiliation.

Barring a credible explanation for how that picture is not unwanted touching on a person who is sleeping (and preferably substantiated by several people on the trip), Franken should step down immediately. There's no room for this behavior from elected officials - especially at the Senate level - regardless of party or political affiliation.

A comic (that's what he was then) posing for a silly picture is not sexual assault. If you look at his left hand, you can see space between his fingers and her vest.

If Franken doesn't step down then the Democratic Party is just as bad as the Pubs on this one. Sexual assault is sexual assault.

Back