• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meatball Ron DeSatan and his fascist band of cowardly Republicans

He wants to make it the lily White House again.
FIFY
over/under on #47 meatball ron accidently (aka out loud) referring to white house serving staff in a... derogatory way?

There’s just no possible way if Trump loses he is endorsing anyone unless they pay him an absurd amount of money (always possible). He is taking his hardcore 15-20% and destroying everything.

The Dems are also going to have to find someone to run sooner or later.

The Dems are also going to have to find someone to run sooner or later.

Like who?

Literally the last two times Democrats have done that, they came up with Hillary, Biden, and a guy older than Biden as the top options. I’m blown away by the idea that another primary is going to go much better. Biden is doing a good job. He’s up to the task. He’s the best choice. He has the incumbent advantage in his favor in a primary and general.

Like who?

Literally the last two times Democrats have done that, they came up with Hillary, Biden, and a guy older than Biden as the top options. I’m blown away by the idea that another primary is going to go much better. Biden is doing a good job. He’s up to the task. He’s the best choice. He has the incumbent advantage in his favor in a primary and general.
strap in. here we gooooooooooo

but seriously, i hope biden is the last geriatric candidate but i won't hold my breath. the change will be slow since boomers want to hold their stranglehold on power until their fingers give out.

the republicans are trapped in the shit they embraced now. i'd support moderate candidates from either side, but not the right wing lunatics. i like the idea of them all smearing feces all over each other and then acting surprised that there's still a large centrist bloc n america who would rather vote for sane people regardless of politics. IT's not as large a bloc as I'd like, but it's there and it's powerful.

I don't know a ton about him, but isn't Larry Hogan a somewhat reasonable person? Why can't Republicans nominate him? Wouldn't that be akin to the dems putting Biden up?

strap in. here we gooooooooooo

but seriously, i hope biden is the last geriatric candidate but i won't hold my breath. the change will be slow since boomers want to hold their stranglehold on power until their fingers give out.

Yeah. And Biden isn’t even a boomer.

I don't know a ton about him, but isn't Larry Hogan a somewhat reasonable person? Why can't Republicans nominate him? Wouldn't that be akin to the dems putting Biden up?

You answered your own question. He’s a somewhat reasonable person.

I do think new MD Gov Wes Moore may be a great candidate in 2028.

They tried that with Romney and lost.

romney was a "they put in their time, its their turn" type of candidate. both parties do that (hi hillary !) and it really hampers the type of talent you can get to run.

trump just fired people up by appealing to their baser instincts. they just loved that own the libs, quiet parts out loud, roller coaster ride. now they are trying to have the first two parts and ditch the coaster (meatball ronnie!) i still think there is room/time for youngkin or someone like him to sweep in IF the ronnie and donnie show gets really bad. they'll split each others support and the people that want the "policy" but not the outward crazy could flock to someone and "steal" the nomination. he can f off too though. another dishonest pos.

You answered your own question. He’s a somewhat reasonable person.

I do think new MD Gov Wes Moore may be a great candidate in 2028.
I know. I just know some reasonable Republicans, and Pops claims to be one, so why aren't they and why isn't Pops going full Hogan?

Wes Moore is pretty great.

i'd be surprised if people outside of the east coast are aware of hogan.

Yeah. I've only heard of Hogan from my Dem friend in Bethesda who voted for him and whenever someone writes up a list of "reasonable Republicans."

Wish John Kasich was the Republican guy this go round. I'm certainly no Republican but he's a really good guy. My brother in law was his bag man for years so I got to know him pretty well. My bro in law always revered him. He's just a really good man. But he's sane so there goes that.

that toothpaste is out of the tube. no "reasonable" Republican is winning anything until at least Trump is dead.

Back