• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami beats Dook!!

I'm sure they are claiming or will claim that the officials discussed the block-in-the-back penalty independently and simultaneously with the booth review, which is exactly what the ref should have communicated publicly before the booth review was finished. Instead, he announced the penalty and booth review too quickly after the play ended, and then waited to pick up the flag until the booth review was over, making it seem like the booth overturned the penalty. It's bad optics, as they say.

The Miami player's knee being down and the 12 men on the field, the latter of which I didn't even know about, are bad enough. But it's Duke, so fuck 'em.

What this guy said.

Hilarious at every level. The only way it can get better is if the ACC announces that after their review of this week's game, the State coach who took a jab at Watson is suspended for the year, and makes no mention of this debacle whatsoever. Would be the troll of a lifetime.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

dook snatched defeat from the jaws of victory like another team that I know.

From what I've read the 12th man is irrelevant as it would be treated as post play and by rule couldn't be enforced since the game was over after the TD.

Miami was hosed on dook's final drive anyway. The PI calls were bullshit. Fucked up reffing gives, fucked up reffing takes away.

Undoubtedly true, but the part that reflects poorly on the League is the incoherent responses: "Uh, we're still reviewing it." and then comes back essentially admitting that they conducted an illegal review to overturn a penalty. What he said was essentially the only thing he could have said that makes it indefensible. You could argue (unpersuasively) that they didn't have enough evidence to see his knee was down. Fine. But you can't say "On review, the unreviewable aspect of this play was in error, so we're picking the flag up." The fact that they didn't give Cut an explanation tells you all you need to know. No dousing this grease fire after that dude crossed the plane, let's get out of here alive.

Swofford just needs to go Bullworth on this one: "Listen, dolts, we've had the same basketball refs for a generation and you suckers can't get enough. We have the Cameron Clock Operator, Ron Cherry and Ga Tech's offense. If we took ourselves seriously, wouldn't you know it by now? Thanks for this year's million dollars, see you next year. #GOACC."

A Miami player from the sideline ran onto the field well before the play was over.

Only downside is this puts UNC in the driver's seat for the Coastal.

That's what I think. As much as I hate Duke, I hate UNC way more. I don't want the light blue assholes in the ACCCG.

I think UNC is better than Duke and will handle them comfortably at home next week.

A too many men on the field call against Miami would nullify the TD. Game over. Duke wins.

Maybe Mike Perreria is wrong but he says it's irrelevant. Note that he was very critical of the whole process by the officials but said that part didn't matter.

Also doesn't matter whether or not he had a helmet on. Call would be the same either way.

Also doesn't matter whether or not he had a helmet on. Call would be the same either way.

It does, though. I thought it was a separate penalty, but even if I'm wrong, it makes it even more obvious that that guy wasn't supposed to be on the field in the first place.

The Miami 12th man was sprinting down the sidelines (out of bounds) with the Dook runner. When the runner got to about the 5 yardline, the 12th man ran onto the field and towards the endzone to celebrate. He was definitely way too far down the sidelines and even onto the field during the play. Hard to believe the refs missed that. But the refs basically gave Dook the TD on that last drive, so they screwed everyone equally.

it doesn't really matter who stands in clemson's way as part of the tiger evaporation tour

Back